The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Undertaking - a bad habit?

hogmaw

With the prolification of MLM's and the daisy chain of death in the outside lane, undertaking all the way baby! It's empty, except for the trucks- they screw the whole undertaking plan up if they are elephant racing. Obviously hooning past at 175mph isn't wise, but with mlm's and the dcod I don't want to f*** about on my journey. The real answer would be that green Jag XKR from die another day, and shoot all the cretins...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That is my major pet hate people sat in the middle lane with no one else around. Personnally i would come up behind them and flash until they moved over but i have also be know to undertake the odd occasion. My theroy is you have no idea what they are going to do, so for instance if you overtake the right way and they pull infront of you then you only have the middle lane to escape into. If you undertake then you have the hard shoulder AND the middle lane to escape into.

I just done it again, this afternoon. I mean what are you meant to do, when there is an ASSHOLE sat in the outside lane, with nothing in front, nothing on the inside, nothing in the middle? You follow patiently for a few miles, maybe go up his ass a bit, flash... then the final option is to go inside. Happens more and more these days. So many drivers are just half (or even fully) asleep! At least when I am doing this I am 100% aware of what I am doing and that he may suddenly pull in, if I did it nonchalently that would be a different (and dangerous) thing entirely

I normally do b) when on the motorway and find if I leave my indicators on long enough they snap out of it and move over to the left lane. Doesn't always work and its normally the Beemer and Audi drivers that are the worst (and before you start I've had a beemer and an audi myself). And its normally some coffin dodger in the middle lane too!