The mkiv Supra Owners Club

buying a supra

captainchaos

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys at vine place have said the exact same things to be about them, must be the general area down the went to look at one at MAW motors nice engine bay but the car itself is fough as a badgers arse!!!!! I know they are over priced but most likely gonna get one from vine place. Really nice car and the people i have spoke to have only had good things to say about them and my mates who have worked there say the same.

I dont wish to piss on your chips but you must have money to burn if you are happy to pay way over the odds because they are nice people! Have you thought about buying off a member here? Or are you that keen due to them offering a p/ex?

If p/ex is really important, why not find out what they are offering and then see if you can sell for the same money privately? At least then you open up all the other avenues for buying rather than rushing in and paying far too much.

I dont wish to piss on your chips but you must have money to burn if you are happy to pay way over the odds because they are nice people! Have you thought about buying off a member here? Or are you that keen due to them offering a p/ex?

If p/ex is really important, why not find out what they are offering and then see if you can sell for the same money privately? At least then you open up all the other avenues for buying rather than rushing in and paying far too much.

:yeahthat:

Basically if you buy for them at that price you are potentially paying for every possible thing that might go wrong in advance with the over inflated asking price. What are they offering for the civic it must be worth good money?

If you tried to sell that Supra privately in a months time people would laugh at you for asking that sort of money.

Have you seen this:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=51045&highlight=low+mileage

Basically if you buy for them at that price you are potentially paying for every possible thing that might go wrong in advance with the over inflated asking price. What are they offering for the civic it must be worth good money?

:yeahthat:

I know a chap who bought a Range Rover from a garage. About 2 months afterwards, the engine blew up, and he managed to get the garage to source and fit a replacement lump at no cost to him due to the warranty. He must have had a crystal ball or something.....

... but these situations are rare. Realistically, what do you expect to use the warrenty for? If it's minor things like a broken aerial or broken speed converter, these would be less £££ to get fixed yourself or at a garage of your choice than the cost of the warranty (via over-inflated price). Unless you reckon the engine or turbos are going to blow up soon, it's probably not worth the warranty.

My friend is a garage owner and tells me that if the warranty is supplied by an outside source then it is next to useless. they will try all the tricks they can not to pay citing service levels not being met, over boosting, fair wear and tear etc.

Dude, I would listen to what everyone is saying. Id sell your Type R privately and then buy a Sup from Jurgen or another member on here, you would then have loads of spare cash for mods.

I bought my Supra from Vineplace, I admit the car was in fantastic condition as anyone on this forum who has seen it would agree but i probably paid over the odds for it. If i had of seen this forum before i bought mine i would have bought a members car or would have gone through Jurgen.

For 12k you could easily get a later spec facelift car. As for the warranty i really wouldnt worry about it, as long as these cars are looked after they will keep on going and going.

Gonna have to find a buyer for the civic then!!

Anyone know anyone who is after one???

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/sidenoreg.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/seats2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d67/closey19/CivicBack.jpg

injen cold air intake

4-2-1 dc sports st/st race manifold

straight through mid pipe

Apexi ecv

Apexi DECS

Hayame back box

Apexi VAFC 2

18" chrome rota subzero's

skunk2 coil over kit

titanium DC sports front strutt bar

custom made spark lead cover

Injen mirror polish inlet manifold cover

EBC grooved and dimpled discs and red stuff pads

Recaro speeds with sparco harneses

home brewed bat cover

home brewed earth kit

re covered dash cent

recovered posts drivers post with fuel/air mix gauge, oil temp gauge, oil press gauge

Dual Halo headlights

Home brewed type r sil covers

Well my supe is in no rush to go anywhere and is a fairly well modified example, do ya a swap chap :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=51234

Thats the car. It still has the performance cams and brakes on it so would be worth the £12k you want for yours. Aftermarket warranties can be purchased privately from the likes of warranty holdings and are basically the same as the one you would get from a garage like Vine place.

Any more sales vultures around??

:) :D