The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's finally happened and it's my fault

Supralookin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the heater matrix is ok. It had a bit of a blockage, which I thought I cleared out (seemed fine), but then a little later I thought it wasn't getting quite as hot as it should. With you saying you couldn't demist the windows I figured it wasn't getting hot. Cool :)

hya Carlos,

what happened with the window misting up was just me realy,.

basicaly it was pouring down rain outside,.

gets into the car and im soaking,#the moment i sat in the car the windows started misting ;)

anyhow, i didnt even know what to switch on or whatever to demist the windows,i had the heaters blowing on me feet and face etc,.

anyhow once i knew what was going on it was sweet,there usualy clear of mist now in about 60 seconds honest ;)

and the interior does get lovely and warm :)

another "to be honest" is that i never ever fancied a Supra,.

as mentioned only bought this cos it was local.,but i gotta say im totaly besotted with the car, i realy adore it ;)

i intend on doing it up as standard but mint with not a blemish or mark on it.,i use a mechanic who worked for the police / fire service /ambulances as a mechanic and he`s gonna check everything out and anything that isnt right im gonna pay and have it sorted.

put it this way i love the car so much even if the engine blew up tommorow i would go and buy a new engine ;)

which brings me to 1 thing thats kinda scaring me a little,.

there is a little noise . . . . . :( lol

its like a quiet sowing machine noise which kinda climbs as the revs does,. its quiet tho :)

i had this on my last car and i put it down to the noise the injectors make or maybe the Fan spinning ,. i dunno ,anyone have this sound ? is it normal ? maybe its just me ;)

1 last question carlos please,.

did you get the right side dash working ok in the end ?

i ask cos obviously its the important side as its got the oil warnings etc on that side,.

they come on when turning the ignition etc

(and please tell supralookin i was only having a laugh back, im not on one or anything ;))

Hiya Jonny. Glad you're happy. I beleive you got it at quite a special price too. The noise you're referring to is probably the normal injector ticking. Mine does it too - in fact I think of it exactly as you just said - like a sewing machine. Which is good - smooth as a sewing machine :)

After we picked the car up I had a few drives of it and I have to say i really like the manual gearbox. I had thought that the 5spd box was going to be really basic, but I felt it really nice to use. Have you fitted the new headlights yet?

1 last question carlos please,.

did you get the right side dash working ok in the end ?

i ask cos obviously its the important side as its got the oil warnings etc on that side,.

they come on when turning the ignition etc

(and please tell supralookin i was only having a laugh back, im not on one or anything ;))

Yup it was just the usual dry solder joints. Emma was going on one because of a few little problems like that, which pissed me off a bit as these are all extremely common and easily fixed problems. The heater control keys were playing up as were the RH dash lights, but they were all fixed within 10 minutes of getting it home.

I wasn't so comfortable with the suspension - having driven my car for over 18 months I suppose I'm quite used to it, but I felt it was a bit wierd how it responded to changes in the road camber and stuff. IIRC it has Tein adjustable suspension on it, so perhaps it just needs adjusting or wheel alignment checking. I love the rims, think they're classic Jap style.

Hiya Jonny. Glad you're happy. I beleive you got it at quite a special price too. The noise you're referring to is probably the normal injector ticking. Mine does it too - in fact I think of it exactly as you just said - like a sewing machine. Which is good - smooth as a sewing machine :)

After we picked the car up I had a few drives of it and I have to say i really like the manual gearbox. I had thought that the 5spd box was going to be really basic, but I felt it really nice to use. Have you fitted the new headlights yet?

new headlights fiitted , wanna see the pics ? :) ::

(b t w ,this isnt me in the pic ;))

pic 1 -water logged headlight:

http://www.trancecreator.com/jpneumo-private/various-magery/car/Picture1001.jpg

pic 2 - stripped and naked:

http://www.trancecreator.com/jpneumo-private/various-magery/car/Picture1002.jpg

pic 3 -still in progress :

mate doing job.:

http://www.trancecreator.com/jpneumo-private/various-magery/car/Picture1003.jpg

pic4 ,finished :: http://www.trancecreator.com/jpneumo-private/various-magery/car/Picture1004.jpg

pic 5 -side shot:

http://www.trancecreator.com/jpneumo-private/various-magery/car/Picture1005.jpg

yeh its the only way to do it carlos ;) theres no other way to get at them is there ?

uuuh. yup :D probably shouldn't tell you now !

Take the battery out, undo the nuts, and slide them out!

Keep your eyes peeled for a stock airbox and ancillaries in the For Sale section, as the general opinion on those HKS mushroom filters is very poor filtration.

uuuh. yup :D probably shouldn't tell you now !

Take the battery out, undo the nuts, and slide them out!

Keep your eyes peeled for a stock airbox and ancillaries in the For Sale section, as the general opinion on those HKS mushroom filters is very poor filtration.

lolo !! i cant believe i paid a guy to do all that :( lol ;) cheers tho, it might come in handy again 1 day .

ill see if K&N do the 57i kit for it ;) maybe they do a big one,they give some good BHP gains ,if not ill keep an eye out for the stock one cheers.,

im after a new interior clock ( the buttons are missing ) and as you know that passenger side grab handle ;)

yeh i got the car for a special price,but i hope she`s not kicking herself because i have honestly seen them around the same price everywhere ;)

she`s a good saleswoman tho ;)

I was gonna say clear side repeaters next but I see you're already there :)

Bit frustrating really 'cause when I was in that car, all the local lads said it was better looking than mine :(

a change allways looks better , a diff colour allways seems better for a while ;)

you got any pics ? ill be honest ;)

lolo !! i cant believe i paid a guy to do all that :( lol ;) cheers tho, it might come in handy again 1 day .

ill see if K&N do the 57i kit for it ;) maybe they do a big one,they give some good BHP gains ,if not ill keep an eye out for the stock one cheers.,

im after a new interior clock ( the buttons are missing ) and as you know that passenger side grab handle ;)

yeh i got the car for a special price,but i hope she`s not kicking herself because i have honestly seen them around the same price everywhere ;)

she`s a good saleswoman tho ;)

Did you get any speeding tickets through?

carlos mate,

thats gorgeus ,

and to be honest if it wasnt for the wheels i wouldnt be able to tell the difference except yours kinda looksa little newer,and i think its a dark grey ?

basically tho,dont they look gorgeus ! the only supras i had realy noticed up untill recently were either the mark2 or mark 3 `s and i never liked them,. i have no memories of ever seeing a mk4 before ! thats weird innit ?:taped: