The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Advice My T88 Supra Has A Blitz access ECU

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Only some can be tailored Cliff and only in Japan AFAIK, most are as you say off the shelf and intended to be fitted to a stock Supra.

Techtom is an example of one of the companies that does new ROM boards and mapping software to remap stock ECU's in Japan. TOMS can also get ECU's mapped for specific cars, however the actual mapping is done by Denso, the manufacturers of the OEM ECU for Toyota.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you need to get an O2 sensor in it and see what it does on 1.2bar, 1.6bar, and especially between 3000 and 4500rpm at part throttle in 5th or 6th - that's the telling evil spot for fudged sequential based ECUs. You can wonder about what's on board all you like but the proof lies down the exhaust pipe...

-Ian

I think you need to get an O2 sensor in it and see what it does on 1.2bar, 1.6bar, and especially between 3000 and 4500rpm at part throttle in 5th or 6th - that's the telling evil spot for fudged sequential based ECUs. You can wonder about what's on board all you like but the proof lies down the exhaust pipe...

-Ian

will the dyno session do this ?

car runs fine with it, do u think its reasonable to sell it with this ecu or would i be excpected to replace the ecu for future tuning?

am just tring to price this accordingly you see

we just had a scooby with what seems to be the same type of set up and had problems with detonation and over-boosting causing a slipping clutch and have had to replace the complete ECU and boost solanoid. If the guy who is buying knows what he is doing it may not be a problem - to save youself headaches - it may be worth taking it off.

we just had a scooby with what seems to be the same type of set up and had problems with detonation and over-boosting causing a slipping clutch and have had to replace the complete ECU and boost solanoid. If the guy who is buying knows what he is doing it may not be a problem - to save youself headaches - it may be worth taking it off.

scoobys are common for detanoting lol, well am going to see what thor say when it goes up there and take it from there.

Guest Flat4_ire
scoobys are common for detanoting lol, well am going to see what thor say when it goes up there and take it from there.

NO they are not common for it! i wont have this slander :stickpoke

Good grief...That's all very old skool!

Support in this country will be next to none.

I'd get rid of the additional injectors. Fit 800cc ones in the stock rail and get an AEM or HKS Fcon V PRO on it instead.

Can we have a decent shot of the whole engine bay...in focus? ;)

(You can then sell the spare injectors, and the fuel computer...maybe the Blitz ECU too....) The better the job you do of it the more your punters will think of you.

Go standalone.

But if the Dyno show's it's all perfectly happy then...well it's up to you.

Good grief...That's all very old skool!

Support in this country will be next to none.

I'd get rid of the additional injectors. Fit 800cc ones in the stock rail and get an AEM or HKS Fcon V PRO on it instead.

Can we have a decent shot of the whole engine bay...in focus? ;)

(You can then sell the spare injectors, and the fuel computer...maybe the Blitz ECU too....) The better the job you do of it the more your punters will think of you.

Go standalone.

But if the Dyno show's it's all perfectly happy then...well it's up to you.

a dont want to fork out over 2k to make £500 u see, if the dyno shows well i will price accordingly with regards the future mods required if the guy ones more bhp

a dont want to fork out over 2k to make £500 u see, if the dyno shows well i will price accordingly with regards the future mods required if the guy ones more bhp

Fair do's....think it needs about 4k invested in it TBH. But yeah it's got all the basics and anyone buying it should already know that they are going to have to put money into a freshly imported Supra with such mods.

HI Jurgen Mate... well you no my sotry lol..so this is my advice lol..

First thing i did with my t88 was get it on the dyno... as on big power cars liek thiese last thing you want is a fueling issue..and thankgod i did... cars fuling was out and was not the safest... and the car had a non remapable ecu on it... so the safest thing to do was slap a new standalone mappable ecu on it... so this really would be the first thing id do before you give the car any stick at all.... GET THAT FUELING CHECKED!!!ECU wise.. is there anyone that can map it in the UK?

Looking at the pics.. looks very similar to mine...electronics wise.. the little silvey greddy box iunder bonnet controls the greddy boost controller, whoch is locaated in the pic of dash... again check all piping..ihave all the manuals if u want them...

But injecotr wise yer...REALLY REALLY nasty setup... mine was the same.. has 2 additional ones..large like..but we found that at higher boost ie 1.2 bar+ the fueling jst couldnt handle it..so i advise keeping the additional ones in place...fitting some uprated ones ie 850s into yourstd railll or buy and uprated one..and get the car mapped to only run the main 6 injecotrs..and take the other 3out of the map... i think ull probs find 6 main std injecotrs!..but this is only really if your fitting a new ecu...

If you want to compare anything on mine..justlet me know...

So yer main thing it boils down to is getting that fueling sorted...and check its all alrite..the engines are strong..but i wouldnt fancy running it with that sorta power on dodgy fueling!!...

Dont mean to worry ya lol..but as ya no to well..it has to be right!! .

What fuel pumps is it running? do you haev apic of these??

Power wise... im hoping for 600/650 from mine..at 1.5/1,6 bar.. with decent 850 injectors..and im going to keep my additional one sin place..but not put them into the map..

Cheers

Matt

N BTW pribs best if ya dont know how much if had to spend lol!!

HI Jurgen Mate... well you no my sotry lol..so this is my advice lol..

First thing i did with my t88 was get it on the dyno... as on big power cars liek thiese last thing you want is a fueling issue..and thankgod i did... cars fuling was out and was not the safest... and the car had a non remapable ecu on it... so the safest thing to do was slap a new standalone mappable ecu on it... so this really would be the first thing id do before you give the car any stick at all.... GET THAT FUELING CHECKED!!!ECU wise.. is there anyone that can map it in the UK?

Looking at the pics.. looks very similar to mine...electronics wise.. the little silvey greddy box iunder bonnet controls the greddy boost controller, whoch is locaated in the pic of dash... again check all piping..ihave all the manuals if u want them...

But injecotr wise yer...REALLY REALLY nasty setup... mine was the same.. has 2 additional ones..large like..but we found that at higher boost ie 1.2 bar+ the fueling jst couldnt handle it..so i advise keeping the additional ones in place...fitting some uprated ones ie 850s into yourstd railll or buy and uprated one..and get the car mapped to only run the main 6 injecotrs..and take the other 3out of the map... i think ull probs find 6 main std injecotrs!..but this is only really if your fitting a new ecu...

If you want to compare anything on mine..justlet me know...

So yer main thing it boils down to is getting that fueling sorted...and check its all alrite..the engines are strong..but i wouldnt fancy running it with that sorta power on dodgy fueling!!...

Dont mean to worry ya lol..but as ya no to well..it has to be right!! .

What fuel pumps is it running? do you haev apic of these??

Power wise... im hoping for 600/650 from mine..at 1.5/1,6 bar.. with decent 850 injectors..and im going to keep my additional one sin place..but not put them into the map..

Cheers

Matt

N BTW pribs best if ya dont know how much if had to spend lol!!

lol this car is going to cause me probs lol, it runs fine but well thanks for all the adice i will take it to thor and see what they say, its a 93 car and alexs is 98 and i cant justify spending anywere near 3k to make a profit on it how can i justfiy the price, i may just have to let it go cheaper and have it running 480bhp if the guy wants 650bhp then thats up to him,.

if it runs with no probs and no fueling isues at say 1.2 bar i may sell it like thats if i have to spend serious money so the customer has all the goodies in place what is this car going to be worth then ??

Old Skool isn't bad as such - IF it works - It's the Zero support aspect that I'd be nervous of.

eManage, stock ECU and 800cc injectors would sort it out.

£450 EMU?, £300mapping, £600 injectors, new IC pipe...and less fuel hose.

The fuel hose layout is mental - would love to see it in the flesh. Is that 2 FPR's? And a Fuel pressure sensor? There seems to be numerous vac hoses all over the place - I expect it would take a few days to get a handle on what's doing what!

It looks like a great car - but as per usual the fuel system is errr odd..check your fuel pump(s), you need to make sure it's upto spec.

lol this car is going to cause me probs lol, it runs fine but well thanks for all the adice i will take it to thor and see what they say, its a 93 car and alexs is 98 and i cant justify spending anywere near 3k to make a profit on it how can i justfiy the price, i may just have to let it go cheaper and have it running 480bhp if the guy wants 650bhp then thats up to him,.

if it runs with no probs and no fueling isues at say 1.2 bar i may sell it like thats if i have to spend serious money so the customer has all the goodies in place what is this car going to be worth then ??

Good luck, hope it's been mapped well :)

its the japnese way of things lol well that doesnt sound too expensive now, may get it booked in at envy, alex have you had any interest in your car at the price your selling ?

Yeah - had some guy asking if the turbo was a T88.... ;)

But no not really had anything. It's all a bit wierd. I've got an offer of 12.5k...at this rate I'll have to take that.

Yeah - had some guy asking if the turbo was a T88.... ;)

But no not really had anything. It's all a bit wierd. I've got an offer of 12.5k...at this rate I'll have to take that.

thats what worries me if your is 98 model and with the most up do date supporting mods and mine is 93 with old skool style and u cant sell yours at a very cheap price what chance do i have?