The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polished front wiper arms

colsoop

I have for sale on an exchange basis a pair of front wiper arms that i polished.

They are £25 delivered plus your old ones in exchange.

Piccy:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.lewarn/Polished%20parts/Wiper%20arms.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.lewarn/Polished%20parts/wiper2.jpg

regards

Colin

I'm interested.

can i send you mine once i've received yours (as i might need to use them) ?

Yep thats how the exchange works :thumbs:

Is it my LCD screen of do they still look black?[/Quote]

Here is another pic:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.lewarn/wiper2.jpg

I had no doubt that there were highly polished. The original pic did not do the work justice. They look very good. It would be good to see some daylight pics of some on cars (silver) some time.

How hard would it be to polish up the stock wind deflector blade carrier? Just to finish off the look. I may have a spare you could try it on.

Guys i could polish the rear one as well but it would then need to be chromed afterwards as before i offered them for sale i experimented on my car and the rear rusts very quickly even when waxed regularly, i dont know why they used different grades of metal for the front and rear but they did.

It wouldn't be too hard to do the wiper carrier as well but i would have to see whether that needed to be chromed as well to stop the old ginger beared forming on it. Another option is to do what Ray(rays the roof) did and buy a set of chrome effect wiper blades,they look good but i dont know what they are like in terms of wipe quality at higher speeds.

cheers

colin

Guest Rays the roof

Rather than go to the expense of chroming the rear arm, could you not fit one of the front arms and fit a different size blade to compensate for the difference??

Will try and let you know best combination!!!

:thanku:

Guest Rays the roof
Another option is to do what Ray(rays the roof) did and buy a set of chrome effect wiper blades,they look good but i dont know what they are like in terms of wipe quality at higher speeds.

Two down sides:

1) Above 100 leptons they tend to bounce about a bit, not that anybody drives above 100 in the rain on a track day!

2) I lost one valuable point at this year's 'Show N Shine' at JAE becuse they were "Too CHAV"!! Me Chaf, NEVER!! LOL

Tried to source better designed chrome effect blades to no avail....

Two down sides:

2) I lost one valuable point at this year's 'Show N Shine' at JAE becuse they were "Too CHAV"!! Me Chaf, NEVER!! LOL

Tried to source better designed chrome effect blades to no avail....

It wasn't the blades that lost the point it was the neon washer jets !!! :tomato: :ecstatic:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.