The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance: If your car is 10+ years old

supRo

Im 28 with 1yrs NCB and have just bought my 1st Supra from Jurgen on these forums.

I got a quote from Sky around the £1300 range, fully comp, agreed value, like for like on the mods, with 2 additional drivers....which I thought was great given my NCB.

I then thought I'd try Lancaster Insurance as well since my J-Spec Supra is 10yrs old and qualified for their classic car policy. I was quoted around the £800 mark for a policy with: limited mileage (6000), fully comp, agreed value, like for like on mods with 2 additional drivers. Im now insured with them. The excess is £120.

I believe their underwriters are Lloyds, but, unlike Sky you do have to tell them what your mods do, and what your estimated bhp is with the mods. Its best to phone them up rather than using their online form as it doesnt collect enough information about your car.

I would recommend either company.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still, speak to jessica, she likes the attention. say you were recomended by a supra owner.

you do have to explain to them, i have an uprated intercooler declared, they had to check with there underwriters, but there service is second to none,

at least your have the rz or sz,gz qouted. and agreed value

a full bodykit and steering wheel put policy up £80.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Titchener

Hello People,

Well I've been after a performance Japanese car for a long long time, with the Supra being top of the list. Only thing that had been holding me back was the insurance price, seeing as i'm only 21, 4years NCB and and CR4 postcode, i wasn't holding out much hope. Been Browsing around the forums for a while and stumbled across this post, rang Lancaster up and they quoted me £1900 as apposed to the £1440 i got from elephant.

Anyway's to cut a long story short, I tried there on-line quick quote and the price came in at £850 Fully Comp, that was with a very high excess which isn't much of a worry when you have a credit card :D.

Only question i will ask as newb is, anyone here used this online insurance?

I phoned up to see if it was quoting me wrong but the guy said nope it was 100% correct. Only downfall is NCB doesn't exist on this policy.

P.S Just so you know it was on a 94 SZ

So hello from a soon to be new Supra owner :clap: :trophy:

Ah, one last thing tried with my current car(1.6 MINI ONE) and that came in at £1900 :dontget:

Anyway's to cut a long story short, I tried there on-line quick quote and the price came in at £850 Fully Comp, that was with a very high excess which isn't much of a worry when you have a credit card :D.

Only question i will ask as newb is, anyone here used this online insurance?

I phoned up to see if it was quoting me wrong but the guy said nope it was 100% correct. Only downfall is NCB doesn't exist on this policy.

Don't forget, elephant won't quote imports online, and the car you have been quoted on is a UK spec! Which is great if you are buying a UK!

I did an online quick quote and got a policy for about £650, when I bought the car, handed over the cash, and was about to drive away, I rang up to insure and it was 500 quid more:badidea:

(Cos J- Specs are quicker and better):run:

Check before you buy mate!!

Welcome to Supradom by the way:thumbs:

Guest Titchener

Sorry to drag this up again, but has anyone here used this online insurance or got any information about it? As my purchasing of a Supra depends really on this quote and to me it seems to damn good to be true.

My exact price was £1104 which i don't think is too bad at all for a

1994 SZ, Manual, CR4 postcode(highest risk) 21 years old.

If anyone knows of a better company feel free to send the number this way. I've done mega phoning around and all i''m getting is silly prices(that's with 4 years NCB)

Did you do the online quick quote or phone up? If your car is anything less than 100% standard (ie aftermarket alloys, exhaust, etc.) then you have to phone them, otherwise your insurance won't be valid I'm told. Still worth a go though.

RE the no claims issue, Lancaster told me that as it's a classic policy, no, you don't build up any no claims bonus, but any no claims you may already have built up are frozen and can be used when/if you take out a normal policy again.

Well, thats what they told me anyway :p

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Guest Titchener

I did the online quote, not overly fussed about mod's yet, as i'm looking for a standard Supra, maybe a nice set of alloys and zaust but that's it for the mo. I'm gonna go gentle with my first soop.

Cheers for the help fella

Guest Titchener

That'll be much appreciated mate. As soon as i can get this quote finalised My current car on the drive will be replaced by an ever so slightly faster one.

Mini One to Supra. just a little difference :woot: :woot:

That'll be much appreciated mate. As soon as i can get this quote finalised My current car on the drive will be replaced by an ever so slightly faster one.

Mini One to Supra. just a little difference :woot: :woot:

where abouts in london are you mate?

You guyz have gone off topic but thought id add...I have my merc insured with lancaster been with them 2 years. Agreed price of £7500, mileage up to 5k pa...£320!

Guest Titchener
sorry for butting in ... just i was thinkin we should do an IKEA meet when you get your sup! i love the food in the resteraunt and the sofas are really comfy too. :D

hah, they'd love that :D, and i never understood why people love the food so much

Hi,

I was wonderign with this lancaster policy, do you still earn No Claims Bonus as per normal, as i was reading on another forum about this, and they seemed to think you don't earned No Claims Bonus on a classic insurance policy which sort of confused me.

Also is 7500 miles the limit per annum or can u go higher, to 10k or 12.5k

Anyway Im new to this forum but being reading for a while, so hello everyone, im going to invest in a supra in the next few months, most liekly march next yr...im going to treat myself wen ive hit 22...but this lancaster insurance does seem to be very good...

:)

Hi,

I was wonderign with this lancaster policy, do you still earn No Claims Bonus as per normal, as i was reading on another forum about this, and they seemed to think you don't earned No Claims Bonus on a classic insurance policy which sort of confused me.

Also is 7500 miles the limit per annum or can u go higher, to 10k or 12.5k

Anyway Im new to this forum but being reading for a while, so hello everyone, im going to invest in a supra in the next few months, most liekly march next yr...im going to treat myself wen ive hit 22...but this lancaster insurance does seem to be very good...

:)

Welcome mate - Best to give them a call. You can choose what limit you want. I'm on 15000 miles