The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance: If your car is 10+ years old

supRo

Hi,

I was wonderign with this lancaster policy, do you still earn No Claims Bonus as per normal, as i was reading on another forum about this, and they seemed to think you don't earned No Claims Bonus on a classic insurance policy which sort of confused me.

Ummmm, did you not read this thread before posting?

RE the no claims issue, Lancaster told me that as it's a classic policy, no, you don't build up any no claims bonus, but any no claims you may already have built up are frozen and can be used when/if you take out a normal policy again.

Jeez, sometimes I wonder why I bother :shrug:

;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Just resurect this thread ... I rang up for quote. I got as far as the T61 turbo & the EBC and they said definately not.

Lancaster might be good choice if your BPU and don't have a EBC.

I think it's just the 'Singles' they don't like :(

I'm with them and BPU with EBC.

I'm with them and BPU with EBC.

Strange .. when I said mentioned the EBC they said "altering the performance with a flick on a switch is not something our underwriters will cover."

Perhaps the underwriters changed their policies after you insured your car with them.

Strange .. when I said mentioned the EBC they said "altering the performance with a flick on a switch is not something our underwriters will cover."

Perhaps the underwriters changed their policies after you insured your car with them.

It's possible that particular underwriter they chose for you won't cover it. I explained to them what EBC does and they checked with the underwriter thats insuring me and also it's stated on my policy