The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ARP Head stud/bolt kit for JZA80 TT

chris_bramley

thanks dude - they are bolts not studs so I have no idea if they can be used again or what. The whole head warped cos the rad blew out.

Which sucks.

It's nearly sorted tho and it will be faster and better than ever, the new head is SO CLEAN! All I need to sort are these bolts/studs. I hear that studs are better cos you can line em all up?

0161-748-8663 ask for Bob Jones, he is an ARP agent, he should be able to give you a price, mention my neame, I know him well. No point in me getting involved, he'll do them for the ame price to you direct, I am sure.

Thanks Chris, you're a star. Unfortunately he has none in stock and a long lead time, but I've found another supplier. At £70 the kit Toyota can bugger off for their £200, frankly.

I also hear the JZA80 ARP bolts come in an Undercut version which apprently gives a better clamping on the head - is it worth getting these?

Chris

Probably not on a failrly stock engine, just get the basic ARP kit. It's not as if they suffer head clamping probs as stock, unlike the MKIII engine!

Ahhh, I fondly remember my good old mkiii. what is it with me and black manual supras?!

Thanks Chris, I'll order standard. Inc vat and so forth they are actually about £120, still about £80 better than stock.

Can you email me the torque settings at some point? I'll get cracking on re-assembly :whip: :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.