The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Boost gauge to buy?

Pig

Guest Terry S

Matt is Due there on Saturday if that helps you.

Cant see your O2 sensor going out that quick but who knows. We'll plug my analyser up the exhasut and test it when you are down next

On the probe fitting if alex knows somewhere local it will be much easier & quicker.

Just realised that you said terry dont need one cause the boost controller does it. Now i am completly lost. Could any one point me in the right direction here. Dont want to waste money. I need something to tell me if im over boosting. However should be be buying a boost gauge or a boost controller? Dont want to spend over £300 on a gauge unless its def the right thing to do? Should i buy a £20 one while i decide exactly what i want????

Any boost gauges will tell you what you want to know, ie. what boost you are making. It all really depends what you want to spend, if you want cheap then a mechanical boost gauge will do the job. If you want something that looks :cool: and includes features such as peak hold, warning, record and play back etc. then you will need to spend a bit more on an electronic boost gauge.

HKS, Apexi, GReddy, Blitz, Defi etc. all do good quality boost gauges to suit different budgets, it basically comes down to what you want to spend and which one you like the look of. I can get most Jap branded gauges here cheap, so if you need prices drop me a pm.

Guest Terry S

Hi mate, the SPA's are great. My boost controller is cool because of the read out, but most Boost Controller IMHO dont act as a great Boost gauge. A Boost controller is a good Idea assuming you want to RAISE the boost. They cannot lower your boost. Unless you are immediately looking for more power I would say the money is better spent on an SPA gauge.