The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Supra on Barry Boys

garetheves

I've offered my opinion to the Supra-bashers at BarryBoys... http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=338498#338498.

CJ, I remember seeing your car on there a while back. As I recall, everyone agreed that the noob who posted up the picture was clearly mental and your car was far too nice to be considered a barry vehicle. It's rare for them to see the light!

I've offered my opinion to the Supra-bashers at BarryBoys... http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=338498#338498.

CJ, I remember seeing your car on there a while back. As I recall, everyone agreed that the noob who posted up the picture was clearly mental and your car was far too nice to be considered a barry vehicle. It's rare for them to see the light!

Thats right. TBH, I was amazed that mine didnt get slated as much as others as it doesnt exactly hide under a bushel eh? :p The noob in question was my old mate Mjansari who hasnt been back since that episode.

To be fair the new owner has Barry'd it up a bit.

Seems he's added one of those horrible roof spoiler things that most folks remove ASAFP and a 'Dear Santa...' list down the door.

And what's with the Blitz stickers on the VeilSide rear spoiler? :conf:

who have replied and shot you down...!

id join in and have a go at them, but to be honest, i just cant be bothered, they know so little its humerous...

Thast how I feel Rob. I rememebr when Dude joined and had a slanging match with them. It became embarressing when they posted and showed just how little they knew about performance cars.

Thast how I feel Rob. I rememebr when Dude joined and had a slanging match with them. It became embarressing when they posted and showed just how little they knew about performance cars.

i could post pictures of mine, or any of us here on the BBS and have them drooling into their cornflakes...but like when on the motorway, when you just have nothing to prove, i think its the same here!

I'm quite enjoying the 'debate'. They're so hot tempered!!

I am now convinced, however, that those mods are tacky and that I probably shouldn't have jumped in to resuce the poor Supra quite as eagerly as I did. Still, us Supra owners have to stick together and fight the good fight!

lol Dash - post up pics of yours....but dont mention the A/C being left on during dyno eh?

and when they were telling him that he hadn't been in the RWD final of TOTB3.

Yeah...thats right, I remember that too. Mind you, Dude, as was his want, had already had a bellyful of Hock that night and would not let it go eh? :) It was never dull when he was around.

I'm on there somewhere having a little go. (not as 'Tannhauser') It was quite ironic. They delight in taking the piss when the chavs show up on their board and invariably post using terrible english. However, when I made a couple of my usual wordy posts, I got stuff like 'It's Mr. Logic', 'we can all use a thesaurus' or 'you talk like that in a pub, you'd get head-butted' etc, etc.

So it turns out that their attitudes are indistinguishable from the people they despise so much. They just dress it up better.

After I went, I think they'd decided I was a devout Christian, again a highly amusing thought.

I had a look over there recently and they seem a bit less virulent than they did.

Barryboys is now a hangout of people who's lives haven't turned out quite how they wanted, and as a result are jealous of anyone with a car remotely better that theirs. Seriously, any forum started merely to express hate for something isn't going to attract the best of characters!