The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear Wheel Bearing.

carl0s

hi Ben. My symptoms were very wheel-bearing sounding, but actually turned out to be very worn discs & pads - the lip around the edge of the disc was rubbing on the edges of the pad.

This is a rear wheel bearing, I'm not sure if it's the same item as the front. Don't forget you also need various clips and seals etcetera when replacing the bearing.

I see I see. Thanks for getting back to me on that. I suppose I should have Mr T to look at her first, and take the risk of being over-quoted in the process of problem diagnosis. I've also discovered that the noise is coming from the NSR wheel.

What I'll do is this: go to Toyota and have them look it over. Then if I need it or not, I'll get back to you about the bearing, and order more parts from CJ's man should it be neccessary.

Thanks for the advised Carlos, I'll be checking my brakes before I jump the gun thanks to you. Speak soon. :thumbs:

B

• 1 month later...

Carlos, sorry for not updating you since my last post.

Booked the car in with Toyota, they couldn't do anything as they spent half a day trying to get it onto their ramp :limp:

So I'm seeing Paul Whiffin tomorrow morning. We shall see from his diagnosis!

Meanwhile please don't hold out if anyone else decides to snatch your arm off for this.

B

Carlos, sorry for not updating you since my last post.

Booked the car in with Toyota, they couldn't do anything as they spent half a day trying to get it onto their ramp :limp:

So I'm seeing Paul Whiffin tomorrow morning. We shall see from his diagnosis!

Meanwhile please don't hold out if anyone else decides to snatch your arm off for this.

B

Hey no problem. I only came back to this thread 'cause I have had a PM asking if I still have it. Good luck with the car.

Right. The NSR bearing is FUBAR. Unfortunately for you though, he has the parts already... seems like some of the older supes are beginning to show their age in that region.

Someone will come along for your bearing m8.

Free bump!

B

Oh something will... right after I sell it! That's what happened with the control-arm anyway :D

hi Ben. My symptoms were very wheel-bearing sounding, but actually turned out to be very worn discs & pads - the lip around the edge of the disc was rubbing on the edges of the pad.

This is a rear wheel bearing, I'm not sure if it's the same item as the front. Don't forget you also need various clips and seals etcetera when replacing the bearing.

This is intresting,

What kind of sound was it ?

Cos i have a strange sound that "sounds" like a wheel bearing, did you get a little vibration to say going 20+ ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.