The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW leather seat covers

michel lane

I have a new set of leather seat covers bought from the group buy at supraforums. they have arrived . The colours are , black external and white alcantara suede centers for the front and back . Also 2 meters of suede for the door cards . They are very well made , i think there has been about 40 orders on the supraforums for this . The seats consists of leather and viynl with the alcantara suede. This is a full it with glue and all the rest of the tools ..it will take about 4 hours to do the entire car . The additional Alcantara that i bought were for the door cards .

This is an ideal upgrade for all for you with cloth seats or fancy a change from your leather . ideal for a black \ white \silver or any car with a s/s effect dash . price to sell £450 inc p&p . it took 2 months for this to arrive . my plans have changed since .

get yourself an early XMAS PRESENT ......

here we go ..

an to answer why iam selling it ... i could not wait for these , i got mine done already , but wished i waited for this set , because they are far better quality then the ones i got made last month ... these come with padding and all the tools and instruction manuals

ye , kit came with everything even the spray on glue ........ remember to pull the old covers off before installing tese covers dohhhhhhh.......this alcantara suede is artificial suede to all you have pm me .... they dont use real suede when they are do car seats because its to thick and they cant get the cut right . The seats are a combination of leather and pvc ... the pvc bits are in areas which is designed for heavy wear ,and the leather part is on the exposed section of the seats ... but its all looks the same , my other ones were made from all leather and the fit is crap because the full area is leather and its stiff , this will cause the areas most heavly used to crack through use .

So to answer all questions : Its not all leather because of the above statement - same as the oem toyota leather seats .

: the suede is not real its artificial but looks real -soft and fuzzy.

hope that answers all your pm's . so its first come first serve with payment please. normal paypal fees apply .

ye , kit came with everything even the spray on glue ........ remember to pull the old covers off before installing tese covers dohhhhhhh.......this alcantara suede is artificial suede to all you have pm me .... they dont use real suede when they are do car seats because its to thick and they cant get the cut right . The seats are a combination of leather and pvc ... the pvc bits are in areas which is designed for heavy wear ,and the leather part is on the exposed section of the seats ... but its all looks the same , my other ones were made from all leather and the fit is crap because the full area is leather and its stiff , this will cause the areas most heavly used to crack through use .

So to answer all questions : Its not all leather because of the above statement - same as the oem toyota leather seats .

: the suede is not real its artificial but looks real -soft and fuzzy.

hope that answers all your pm's . so its first come first serve with payment please. normal paypal fees apply .

Michel, the only reason your leather seats are crap and stiff is probably because the leather is not of a good quality, and they weren't made very well - if the leather used is either Connolly or Muirhead then you could never say it is stiff.

The main reason that leather crack is that no one bothers to take care of it, it does need feeding with hide cream - so the reason it cracks is just because it dries out. Loads of the cars from Japan suffer from this as the sun is very strong and they have high temperatures.

Good Luck with your sale,

Hog Rings With Hog Ring Tool In The Kit?????

yes there are the rings and tools as well. what there are different types of leather ... bummer......umm thinking of changing the seats over now

Yeah loads of different qualities to the leather - how old was the cow? - did it scrape against a tree or barbed wire? (this will cause thicker areas or imperfections) - all this makes a difference. You wouldn't expect to see leather as you are describing in a 60k merc!!

You should always be able to get a sample before you commit to the hide - don't go to soft as the leather is just then not durable in any way and will go a bit saggy, the one you want is the leather that is soft to the touch but thick enough to handle your bum sliding on and off all the time.

Hope this helps.:p

Did the kit come with hog rings and the correct tool to apply them??

bollox to hog rings i used cable ties on mine they work well better and they get the rod in the cover alot closer to the rod on the seat i only used the hog rings on the out side parts of the seat i.e. the bottom of the bottom part of the seat

bollox to hog rings i used cable ties on mine they work well better and they get the rod in the cover alot closer to the rod on the seat i only used the hog rings on the out side parts of the seat i.e. the bottom of the bottom part of the seat

It is great that you felt the need to reply to my post in such an eloquent way :thumbs:

Well done for thinking all on your own to use plastic cable ties instead of metal hog rings.

My point was if the kit came with the correct tool then there would have been no need for your brain wave as the correct tool makes it as easy to do as you obviously thought the cable ties where, plus they are less likely to stretch or break.

oh right, well sorry, you stuck up git

and i tell you what why don't you have a brain wave and do a search on the net for a hog ring tool

Thanks for yet more earth shattering use of the English language :clap:

Why would I need to do a search for Hog Ring Tool when out of the two of us I know exactly what it is and more importantly how to use it!

This thread had finished as the item was sold - so I don't understand why you felt the need to reply to my original comment about the tool in question and direct it at me as you quoted what I said and didn't make it a general comment.

The reason I posted the question in the first place was to make sure any other member on the forum understood what was need to do the job correctly - unlike you I am sure most member's would like to do a job properly.

So if you construed this as being a `stuck up git` then thankfully I must be :ok:

ok i never got a hog ring tool with my seat covers, so you must be so lucky

so i am made use of what i had, so there is no need for smarmy comments

I do understand what you were trying to convey - but as you have said you didn't get the correct tool in the kit either, that is the whole reason I posted the question so members would be aware of what was need to do the job correctly.

Didn't expect to get into a discussion about this and not to be called smarmy - stuck up git I will except:OK:

ok then, glad this is sorted

like wise i did think this would start into a internet bitch fight or be made to look like some sort of half wit

GENRAL COMMENT

so this is for who bought the seat if you dont get the correct tools for the job and cant find a set of hog ring pliers then cable ties will do and they dont stretch well mine havent yet because i used the chunky one

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.