The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater Maximum Output Temperature - Too Low?

SteveC

I'm really pleased FlrSupra that my post was of use and that your balls will remain intact in Winter! :D

There's really no need to send me any gift, but thanks anyway. Just acknowledging that my post helped you have an easy fix was payment enough for me. Thanks. :)

Steve.

Oh it was so warm today :sly:

Still can`t believe of that quick fix. I`m glad that your glad that I`m glad :)

• 2 years later...
Guest stanley87
I know three and a half years (exactly) have passed since my post above, but I thought I'd let you know that I did eventually find the problem - about four weeks ago! :rolleyes:

Hopefully the following may be of some use and potentially save someone a good few hours of wasted time...

It did turn out to be the air mixing flap that was causing the problem. When looking from behind the left dash panel (as mentioned above), I could see the actuating arm move ok when the heater temperature knob was turned; what I didn't realise at the time, was that a rod connected to the actuating arm goes down through the heater unit and ends up at point 'A' in the first photo (which is looking up towards the heater unit from the passenger footwell).

The actuating arm had come off the air flap lever end as at point 'B' in the second photo (just taken it off again for the photo :) )

It should be connected as in the third photo at point 'C'.

After spending quite some time flushing the system out (which was clean anyway), the fix turned out to be very simple and took no more than a minute or so. Anyway, I've now got a heater that when on maximum it could strip paint. :D

This may seem like a "noob" question, but where can i locate the air mixing flap?

This may seem like a "noob" question, but where can i locate the air mixing flap?

Have a look at the photos in post 16 of this thread. The actual flap is within the heater unit. The arm that operates the flap can easily be seen from the passenger side (left-hand side) footwell.

• 1 month later...

SteveC - THANKS :-)

My temperature control's been weird for a while, sometimes getting hot and cold, other times doing nothing. Turns out to be that dastardly actuating arm ... which was sometimes working when the passenger well foot mat pushed against it, or the linkage caught on the clip.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...