The mkiv Supra Owners Club

FMIC that fit the OEM front bumper without cutting (and retain the undertray ...)

Probby

Hi folks, 

As the title suggests - are there any FMICs that clear the OEM front bumper opening AND don't require modification of the undertray ?

I already have an FMIC on the car but am trying to size up an OEM bumper to go over it, at the moment from what I can see I will need to chop the bottom of the bumper opening (as this pushes  very slightly on the FMIC) and the undertray - it sits quite a bit lower than it. 

TIA!

18 minutes ago, Swampy442 said:

How about an uprated side mount instead, like a Chris Wilson?

Open to options, I was hoping to do a spot of future proofing and since there was a front mount already there I figured I'd use it if I could. Does Chris still make them? 

I'll be honest it came with the car. It's only running BPU power now so I imagine it's not required. However, future goals would be around 500-600 BHP but that's very low down the list. If an SMIC can handle that then happy days. 

With those power goals you'll need an FMIC.  I desperately wanted to stick with a SMIC and run 600bhp, but it's not really achievable. You can run one, but from the experience of others it will quickly heat soak and you'll loose power.

• Like 1

Stock cooler is back on for now, although I am missing the pipe from the inlet to the pipe which pops up by the battery (hose 5 as it is affectionately known). So have had to knock something up to tide me over. Typically that is discontinued too 🙂 

Glad I removed the front mount, it was pushing quite badly on the power steering cooler, the pipes were a bit too long for my liking and the general mounting/install of the thing wasn't really where I'd like it to be. So in the absence of a better solution it can be removed for now. 

Twin side mounted coolers would be a cool setup, assuming thats even viable. But all of this is for another day me thinks ...