The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leaky Leaky!

Probby

Hi folks, 

So have removed prety much the entire interior for one reason or another (carpet/seats etc) as I had a damp issue amongst other things. I thought I'd sorted the leak but it appears to continue. My car is parked on a slope with the nose facing up and water pools (lots of it) in the passenger side rear seat well. This is an odd one as I can't see an obvious path that it has flowed it, appears to be wet just in this corner!

I am guessing a side window was replaced at one point as I found a lot of safety glass behind the drivers seat in the passenger tub under the passenger seat. Wondering if it's the opposite window that got smashed and its leaking ? 

I appear to also have a smaller leak up fron by the ECU (two very small trains of a water) It's not the heater matrix, car hasn't been ran for weeks properly, rad is full. 

Are there any drains etc within the car (hard top) ? Any thoughts ? Already took off the passenger rubber a metal work, sealed behind that and put back together which seems to have helped a bit. All the rubbers actually look in really good condition. 

I will have at it with a hose pipe at some point and get to the bottom of whats going on but until then ... help 🙂

So the one where water is pooling near the ECU looks like its coming from behind the rubber firewall insulation. 

From folks experience would this likely come from the heater matrix (I'd expect the leak to be on top of the insulation) ? 

Also, what else is behind there in terms of places where water could come in? I still think its the windscreen (I have someone coming to remove/refit next week) but just wondered what others have found ?