The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Yaris MKIII Steering Wheel - Airbag ?

Probby

I think this is the route I'm going to go. I assume looking at the back of the airbag it's a single stage airbag which just needs the plug splicing in. The buttons can. Go as I doubt I'll find a clock spring which will work with the Supra and has that many wires !

How much would yours be sale for ? Might save me a job 🙂

12 minutes ago, Probby said:

I think this is the route I'm going to go. I assume looking at the back of the airbag it's a single stage airbag which just needs the plug splicing in. The buttons can. Go as I doubt I'll find a clock spring which will work with the Supra and has that many wires !

How much would yours be sale for ? Might save me a job 🙂

No, they are twin plug, that will then need to join to a harness to fit the Supra airbag plug.

I don't have a free clock spring wire as I wired the flappy paddles through it, along with of course the horn and cruise control, so used all my 6 connections. But you should have one spare, and in theory you could get the buttons working 😉

I'd let my Aygo steering wheel go for £500 + shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 7:23 AM, Burna said:

I’ve fitted a retrimmed and modified Aygo steering wheel in the past (for sale at the right price), and currently have a retrimmed and modified Yaris wheel. Both with wired airbags.

IMG_4021.jpeg

IMG_4565.jpeg

How does the indicator cancelling ring (the three prong connector thing) fit to these wheels? Do you have to make a custom bracket? Many thanks 

On 3/2/2024 at 8:02 AM, rpslaughter1982 said:

How does the indicator cancelling ring (the three prong connector thing) fit to these wheels? Do you have to make a custom bracket? Many thanks 

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "the three prong connector thing". The movement of the clock spring comes from the plug position, so you have to make sure that moves in relation to the Aygo or Yaris steering wheel.

35 minutes ago, Burna said:

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say "the three prong connector thing". The movement of the clock spring comes from the plug position, so you have to make sure that moves in relation to the Aygo or Yaris steering wheel.

Yeah tbf I described that terribly. I've attached a couple of pics, in the centre of the clock spring is a separate sprung connector that cancels the indicators when turning. The three prong connector is circled in the first pic. The prongs go into the grooves in the back of the steering wheel as shown in the second pic. Most of the newer steering wheels don't have the grooves for it to connect. 

Many thanks

Screenshot_20240304_105641_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240304_105951_Chrome.jpg