The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TOM'S Restomod Supra - Order Now For £135,000

SupraAyf

Team,

Just saw this and thought it would be of interest:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-japanesecars/omg-toms-goes-restomod-with-to-die-for-supra/48075

It appears that TOM'S is now resto-modding the MKIV Supra to mark its 50th anniversary as a company.

Several US orders have already been placed at a price of 25Mn Yen, equivalent to c.£135,000.

Hope the link works,

BTW, I quite like the green 🙂

All the best,

Andrew

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the kit is fibreglass like the one i had ? The bonnet doesn't fit very well, if this is the press release you'd think it would be perfect 

Love the TRD mk4 but not at £135k unless its all fresh, engine, box, diff, suspension etc 

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Looking at the seat belts in one of the images these look like rebuilt original cars, versus new old assembled stock.

Also there are no engine mods.  So you're paying £135k for the seats, brakes and body kit.

Even if I had that kind of money to spend on one I'd pass and see if I could get an original 3000GT.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

Looking at the seat belts in one of the images these look like rebuilt original cars, versus new old assembled stock.

Also there are no engine mods.  So you're paying £135k for the seats, brakes and body kit.

Even if I had that kind of money to spend on one I'd pass and see if I could get an original 3000GT.

Going to be pretty rare I'd have thought, one listed 3 years ago at €120k

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:30 AM, Dnk said:

I wonder if the kit is fibreglass like the one i had ? The bonnet doesn't fit very well, if this is the press release you'd think it would be perfect 

Love the TRD mk4 but not at £135k unless its all fresh, engine, box, diff, suspension etc 

I didn't see that Dunk as I was so blinkered by the colour, lol.

That said, I wonder if the OEM catch is not locked properly. This happened to me during my JP photoshoot and it looks as if the front NS of my bonnet is misaligned, pic below mate:

IMG_20230509_124907.jpg.0d18d110c2b53ff14524a053cc069174.jpg

On 1/31/2024 at 3:40 PM, mwilkinson said:

Yep, lots of Dosh there Mat but if the orders keep coming in and the selling price helps to keep the future value of my Supra high (for my retirement) then I won't argue, lol.

7 minutes ago, SupraAyf said:

I didn't see that Dunk as I was so blinkered by the colour, lol.

That said, I wonder if the OEM catch is not locked properly. This happened to me during my JP photoshoot and it looks as if the front NS of my bonnet is misaligned, pic below mate:

IMG_20230509_124907.jpg.0d18d110c2b53ff14524a053cc069174.jpg

It could be but if this was a promo shot then i'd not be impressed if it were my project

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dnk said:

It could be but if this was a promo shot then i'd not be impressed if it were my project

Yep, I would certainly agree with that sir cos I was a bit peeved off when I saw my own pics and thought "Andrew, you proper numpty!". 

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)