The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Heater matrix control valve

Andy Jackson

I'm going to be attempting to change the dreaded heater matrix early next year and think it might be a good idea to change the control valve or have a good replacement on hand just in case the current one is damaged or very worn.The valve is part no 87240-14150 or 87240-14160.

The part seems to be discontinued now and I'm drawing a blank with suppliers such as Amayama, interestingly the valve for the MK3 is still available brand new.

So by some miracle has any kind member got a new or decent one kicking about anywhere ?

Thanks for the link, most appreciated, but most of the valves for different models seem to have straight through piping whereas the Supra valve pipe enters one end and exits at a right angle.

I'm not sure how easy it will be, if at all, to adapt another Toyota model's heater valve to fit the Supra not having the luxury of time to fiddle around, especially when the dash is out and not being able to test it properly until all the dash is back in again.  Not a two minute job.

I would've thought some of the Lexus models such as the mid nineties GS300 would have shared the same part but no they don't.

My gut feeling is the MK4 Supra heater valve is specific to this model only.

Cheers for pointing out the part numbers.I just thought 87240-14160 was a revised part number evidently not,what with the heater matrix being different as well on LHD and RHD models.

I suspect the valve may have been damaged with all the chemicals I've been flushing through it,the last being drain cleaner , in a vain attempt to un block the matrix.

Plus the fact the valve has probably welded itself to the matrix after all these years and may break if I attempt to swap it over.

So yeah would be nice to have a spare one on hand.

But I'll check out Denso's website and see if they'got anything.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.