The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet hinges + facelift rear lights

mc92

• 5 weeks later...

I have some facelift rear lights which had an LED conversion and carbon effect inners. They were on the car for a while and when refitted, some of the LEDs were dead and there was a flicker. They'd be perfect for someone to tinker with them conversion wise if you're interested?

Theyre boxed up in my stuff back from SRD but can get some pictures of them if you're interested 

On 12/5/2023 at 6:57 PM, mc92 said:

As above, I've ruined my hinges from using gas struts on the bonnet.

Also need rear lights with no broken screw holes (the one with the keyhole specifically but some people prefer to sell in pairs).

How did the gas struts ruin the hinges? Intetested as i was looking at fitting some gas struts to mine.

18 hours ago, Kopite said:

I have some facelift rear lights which had an LED conversion and carbon effect inners. They were on the car for a while and when refitted, some of the LEDs were dead and there was a flicker. They'd be perfect for someone to tinker with them conversion wise if you're interested?

Theyre boxed up in my stuff back from SRD but can get some pictures of them if you're interested 

Thanks but I'll pass on those, I want to keep it all standard.

1 hour ago, Andy Ven said:

How did the gas struts ruin the hinges? Intetested as i was looking at fitting some gas struts to mine.

They were too stiff and needed some force on the bonnet to start collapsing from the fully extended position.

I think the strut acted as kind of a pivot point so the bonnet pulled up at the hinges in a way they weren't designed for. I had them fitted for 5 years or so iirc so it took a while before they were bent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.