The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fast & Furious build

RichACL

Hi everyone, 

I thought i would start a build thread on our Supra.
We are going to be building a Fast & Furious tribute/replica and thought it would be good to document it here, as well as on our social media and youtube.

Obviously the F&F Supra has been done multiple times, but we will be doing a bare shell build on the car and to a really nice standard.
Having been a long time Supra fan, i found myself watching Just Driven youtube series on the build they have just recently completed.

Craig Lieberman posted an update video on that build & mentioned that they had moulds done for the kit & were producing 6qty kits to a really high standard. I got in touch with Craig who i know to some degree through a couple of car deals for US clients, he put me in touch with James at Just driven & they had 1qty kit remaining, which we immediately secured.

In the meantime i managed to find a Aerotop TT which looked to be the perfect base of such a build, and after some serious work managed to secure a used set of the correct Racinghart 19" wheels which i dare say i thought would be the biggest challenge.

The kit has since arrived with us & it is very nice quality, we have also managed to get all new roof seals, window trims, rubbers etc.
Also got a Nitrous kit & the correct Greddy intercooler kit.

We will start the strip down most likely in the new year, once we have some customers cars finished & moved on.
We are looking to get all parts for a manual swap together first, convert to manual, do a few test miles then strip down and start the build.

I will try to upload some pictures of the base car as a starting point.

• Like 1

Hi Rich. Really looking forward to seeing this take shape. I followed the Just Driven F&F replica build on YouTube too and thought they did a fantastic job.

Well done on finding the parts you’ve got so far- those wheels couldn’t have been easy to track down! Please keep us posted. 

• 3 weeks later...