The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra MK1V TT UK spec 1993 stock

mICHAEL rEID

I bought this car ex demo and have been the only owner. This is a rare UK spec car with, as far as can be established, only Circa 670 being manufactured. Of these there will be very few unmodified left.

It has done 223000 miles, with many european grand tours.

Shows it's wear but the car is ripe for the right person to bring it up to superb condition.

Very reluctantly having to sell as live in the London ULEZ expanded zone.

Service bills throughout are available. Serviced and MOT test end of July.

Contact via email to [email protected] in the first instance.

Mike

Classifieds must have a price stated, themz the rules. As a single owner car you should consider selling by classic car auction where the price you land has a high probability of being higher than you'd get selling privately. Auctions also cut of the tyre kicker test pilot types and you have liability insurance cover through the auction house.

You could get a valuation from the auctioneers and then post a link to the auction page with date here. Then anyone interested could follow and bid as the feeling moves them. Unless you are in a hurry, its probably going to be worth waiting a few months as Winter is never peak time for classic car buyer activity. Unless you are anticipating a major economic crash soon which some stock market followers are predicting for early 2024. 

Thank you Rider for your thoughts. It's lovely to have a wise head give you the benefit of their experience where there has been little on my part for many years in this area.

As a retired corporate insurance /finance broker I am slightly savvy to the ways of the world but it is always hugely appreciated to hear from someone who is at the pit head.

Cheers to you and great to hear that there are so many nice people on the Supra site.

I shall talk to Historic Auctions and put your thoughts regarding timing to them. I am not in a hurry and whilst Kingston is in the expanded ULEZ zone in London, our road is by some quirk outside. Which means I can escape into Surrey without getting a £12.50 charge!

Hi Slayer.

It is always good to meet a Supra owner. What model and year is yours. Any pics?

I go to Teddington to see friends but inmy compliant car.

My car is laid up in the garage at present and only comes out on high days and hay days.

I wish you well and I'll look out for a Supra in Teddington.

Mike

Mike, congrats on keeping the car so long, I always like to ask long term owners what has gone wrong in that over 200K miles, have you ever been stranded (perhaps by the original alarm!) or had a big expense? 

Also to afford a pretty much brand new one back then, I suspect most owners like that would have their heads turned in the years following and many will have moved on to 'better' things, did you ever waver and nearly sell, and what made you stick with the Supra in the end for all that time.

best of luck with the eventual sale. 

• Like 1

Hi Scooter.

An interesting post.

The car has behaved immaculately over 30 years. Never let me down once.

A couple of dings involving an o/s new front wing and new passenger side door.

My best drive was 975 miles frm Tuscany to London in 18 hours including the ferry! Couldn't do it now.

The engine still purrs and I  prefer to drive it over my Jag XFS, when it is taken out of the garage for summer.

Developed to compete against Ferraris and Porches it became an incredible eye catcher of the day.

People still give the car a good look and best of all the design is still up there as a head turner.

I had to replace the Cobra alarm as the fobs just got too old and installed a Griffin category 1 alarm about four years ago.

The 6 stack CD player packed up and I have put in  an Alpine replacement. Still looking for an original. 

Good to hear from you.

Best wishes.

Mike

Mike, thanks for repsonding, your story is not unique re it's reliability, but I'd say for your length of ownership and the fact you've actually used it during that time is good going even for a Supra and perhaps part of the reason it's been kept for so long, so dependable?   

I can only imagine what some other early 90's cars would have cost you for the same time period and mileage!

I work in Woking (Mclarenville) and often drive on the route to Goodwood Circuit so see all manor of new and old expensive machinery but the Supra is a rare site these days and it does elicit good (in the main!) reactions. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.