The mkiv Supra Owners Club

94 2jzgte hesitates

marv

The car idles perfect, but hesitates and will stall on acceleration. Acts like it's not accepting the flow from the turbo if the hose is removed off the throttle body it will act pretty normal but u now have no turbo. It has new injectors, fuel pump, Fuel line, pressure regulator, aic valve, coils and plugs, air filter, and cleaned the maf. Car sat for a long time, was running fine when parked.

16 hours ago, marv said:

The car idles perfect, but hesitates and will stall on acceleration. 

Just to perhaps help further.

It starts and idles fine

How does it act if you rev it from idle, ie by hand in the engine bay, does it rev up cleanly, ie the hesitation is only when drivng/under load?

Is it ok it driven very slowly, low revs no real boost, and worse with more throttle, or just always rough?  

Ok so if you play with the throttle by hand u can get the revs going but its with hesitation at the same time and then will just cut out at around 3 to 4000 rpm. Last time I drove it I got stuck and had to remove the hose off the throttle body just to get back. I just babied it to get back I didn't try to push the issue. I saw a commonet online somewhere and someone with the same issue was saying that Un metered air was being picked up by thee computer. I'm wondering if it's calling the air from the turbo going into the throttle body as Un metered? If that was so would the culprit still be the maf? If thats what checks the air going in. I never put a new one I only cleaned the old one.

It has the maf sensor. When the hose going too the throttle body coming from the maf is removed it runs fine, perfect idle, but if you rev it the engine hesitates and you have to play with it to rev it up and it does the same thing when the hose is connected. The only difference is it will not start if the hose is on the throttle body, you have to remove it to start it then attach it and it will stay running with perfect idle until you rev it then it hesitates and etc

Map sensor testing - looks very comprehensive

https://my.prostreetonline.com/2013/11/20/how-to-test-your-2jz-mass-airflow-sensor/

Check the idle control valve hose (filter in this threads pic)?

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/cannot-run-with-maf-plugged-in.166713/

Second post has a link to the Toyota diagnostic manual

https://www.supraforums.com/threads/maf-sensor-testing-schematic.631888/

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)