The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Vac hoses - options ?

Paul

Years back I replaced my vac hoses with blue silicone ones, want to go back to stock. Now, luckily everything I took off the car I kept, got a bag full of hoses and spring clips. Looked today and they seem in reasonable condition despite being 28 yrs old. If it's wise to replace with new then fine, do Toyota still supply these (doubt it).

Are there other options, the straight lengths of silicone aren't formed like the OEM ones so this is my concern. Also looking to put 'crimp' clamps or something decent rather than the spring clips.

Spoke with local Toyota dealer, he will try to supply OEM hoses, the best option imo. If not available then looking at hot forming hoses with a heat gun as per video... my question is will the buggers want to revert to straight/kinks with engine heat ?

43 minutes ago, rider said:

Amayama and US Toyota sites are showing them as discontinued so I'd be shocked if your dealer tracks any down. You can still get the induction hoses but the vac lines look like they are all gone.

Out with the heat gun then.... pmsl