The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA-T Monster

Suprakeith

Took my car few weeks ago to be mapped and run in after nearly 6 year build turning my NA into monster NA-T. these are only my run in figures, plan is to enjoy car for few months then fit new gearbox and re-install my Nos and push current turbo until get new manifold and bigger turbo. Target is to run around 800bhp at wheels. 

I've built this more or less by myself and have really enjoyed doing it, but don't want to do it ever again!! 

Engine Type - 2JZ GE NA-T

Engine Spec - Forged block, CP Pistons 9.0.1, Eagle rods, ACL race bearings, new polished knife edged crank. ARP hardware.

Ported and polished head by myself on CNC, BC springs, BC 264 cams, Ferrea Valves and oil seals, HKS adjustable verniers.

1000cc FIC injectors, custom fuel system with billet pump hanger running twin 255 Walbro pumps.

SSI Front facing inlet manifold, R35 coil conversion.

NX Nitrous wet kit (not connected at moment as want to run engine for few months first).

Turbo - Borg Warner S360, 0.88 AR (Whifbitz na-t kit).

Fuel Used - Shell V-Power.

Exhaust - 3" Veilside exhaust.

Transmission - W58(rebuilt & upgraded), Competition flywheel 4.5kg, Whifbitz stage 3+ 6 paddle clutch, 

ECU - Link G4+

Mapped By - Garth at MGT Motorsports.

Dyno Used - Dynapack.

Power figure - 507 bhp at wheels.

Torque figure - 398 lbft

Boost Pressure - cant remember, will double check over weekend.

Dyno Graph.jpg

• Like 2

Very impressive figures. Impressive for the box especially. Probably best I have ever seen in my 12 years of ownership and NAt obsession.

It really is a absolute pleasure to see a turbo setup on a Supra with a sub 62mm turbo. I'm assuming you're going to push it further with those cams installed?

I'm going to guess this is a 1.5 - 1.7 bar setup on the boost pressure.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Noz said:

Very impressive figures. Impressive for the box especially. Probably best I have ever seen in my 12 years of ownership and NAt obsession.

It really is a absolute pleasure to see a turbo setup on a Supra with a sub 62mm turbo. I'm assuming you're going to push it further with those cams installed?

I'm going to guess this is a 1.5 - 1.7 bar setup on the boost pressure.

Thank you so much and that means a lot coming from yourself as followed your builds in the early days when first got my supra and thought about going na-t route ever since.

Oh yes 100% going to push her further for sure, over winter going to look at gearbox options and push current turbo as far as can go, then look at swapping out to bigger turbo if needs, want to keep her as drivable as possible without turning her into lag monster, don't mind some lag cause do have the Nos system to help.

Hopefully will be able to confirm boost settings this weekend as misplaced the T piece to connect up to boost gauge and have forgotten what boost Garth said she was running, was too excited to get her back. 

1 hour ago, Suprakeith said:

Thank you so much and that means a lot coming from yourself as followed your builds in the early days when first got my supra and thought about going na-t route ever since.

Oh yes 100% going to push her further for sure, over winter going to look at gearbox options and push current turbo as far as can go, then look at swapping out to bigger turbo if needs, want to keep her as drivable as possible without turning her into lag monster, don't mind some lag cause do have the Nos system to help.

Hopefully will be able to confirm boost settings this weekend as misplaced the T piece to connect up to boost gauge and have forgotten what boost Garth said she was running, was too excited to get her back. 

Look forward to seeing the results.

I'd save for a T56 over any other options. Enjoy that power mate. It's savage and you don't want to ruin the fact you've a boosted supra hard hitting the box.

I'd enjoy low boost as much as possible. I rarely hit high boost on mine. For me 500hp is my usual driving power, especially the mid range. Don't feel the need to see what she's got flat out unless it's with another motor.

28 minutes ago, Noz said:

Look forward to seeing the results.

I'd save for a T56 over any other options. Enjoy that power mate. It's savage and you don't want to ruin the fact you've a boosted supra hard hitting the box.

I'd enjoy low boost as much as possible. I rarely hit high boost on mine. For me 500hp is my usual driving power, especially the mid range. Don't feel the need to see what she's got flat out unless it's with another motor.

So do i can't wait to see her full potential.

T56 is the box would love to get, worst case if mine starts to go will get R154 to tide me over until save enough for T56 option, so far am very much enjoying the power and doing all i can to not hit the box too hard but it is so much fun when she comes on song, also can't wait to see what she can do at Santa pod in October.

Totally agree don't see point pushing her unless its against another built motor, 500hp is very nice comfortable driving power, and am loving just cruising in her at the moment feels so good to give her little boost and enjoy a nice B road and then cruising home to put her away ready for next outing.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, TrickyBlue said:

Impressive!

Are MGT Motorsport still going? Tried googling them but says temporarily closed. Didn't realise they were so close to me.

Thank you

MGT have now closed, they shut down end of 2022, they both retired but am still in touch with Garth as known him quite few years and he still helping me progress my build.