The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MANY ECU's FAILING - ANY CLUB MEMBERS KNOW WHY?

herbiemercman

50 minutes ago, herbiemercman said:

Andy Ven, The old Toyota ECU's are starting to fail,  Keron at Extreme Performance told me the ECU's are failing a lot now they are over 20 years old, many sensors are the same, so if you want reliability and longevity, your best choice is an upgrade and remap, OK you are looking at circa £4K. and a 500 mile journey for me living in Preston Lancs, unfortunately SRD Tuning are in West Sussex 250 miles away, car transporter another £350.

The good news should come from the reduction of  stress due to having an engine with moderized ECU and the senders etc.

Yes i know they are, but i personally would take a refurbed standard ecu over an aftermarket ecu every day if i was staying stock. 

Im just saying you will be paying more for an aftermarket ecu which wont actually have a tune as good as the one you are getting rid of (once the ecu is repaired). 

Hi Mike, The quote i got from Lee listed the ECU as: LInk Supra Link2JZ None VVTI.Plug and Play. He also listed a Bosch knock sensor for Syvecs/Link. I missed read this so i thought i was having a Syvecs ECU, i now know the LINK ECU's are very good, and made by them, not Syvecs.

I need to know if the free software for my laptop that Syvecs offer will read the fault codes on the Link which i am having?