The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Northern 2Fast 2Furious

Gaz Walker

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it only lasted 10 mins in leeds i just started to clean car went inside and 10 mins later was sunny.

went to york today was real hot most of time then a cloud came over, did not rain though.

was a good day met a lot of people i know from all over a few from newcastle and durham

Ah it was you then :-)

Sorry I didn't come and say hello but I wasn't sure if it was you and was a bit worried about the reception I'd receive if I went to a random Supra owner and called him Monkey!

Lovely car, the engine bay is a credit to you and the exhaust note put some of the drag cars to shame.

As for the weather.... I'm pink as a lobster and sore so I guess it was sunny, did get a bit cold later though. It was my first time there and I wasn't really expecting the disused farm track approach and the somewhat basic setup but it seems to do the job, that guy on the mic needs help though, seriously annoying!

There was another silver Supra pulling in just as I left, was that anyone on here?

never mind, theres always next time. that is not the best track in the world but fairly local. was a lot of peeps ther i knew. that lad in the audi rs4 racing his mate in the other rs4. do you know what times they ran. that porsche had nos, had a peak when he had his engine compartment up.

that bloke on mike lives in the old times when american cars ruled the world. seemed like the modern day cars were an inconvenience. i beat a trans am i think it was a white/cream thing

them loud american cars dont do owt for me too loud and just race cars.

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

never mind, theres always next time. that is not the best track in the world but fairly local. was a lot of peeps ther i knew. that lad in the audi rs4 racing his mate in the other rs4. do you know what times they ran. that porsche had nos, had a peak when he had his engine compartment up.

As usual it sounds like I left far too early and missed the RS4's and the Porsche but I think I've seen them at Elvington in the past, very rapid.

that bloke on mike lives in the old times when american cars ruled the world. seemed like the modern day cars were an inconvenience. i beat a trans am i think it was a white/cream thing

That's totally the impression me and my girlfriend got too - "move these silly RWYB cars out of the way so my beloved american horrors can make lots of noise and then plod up the strip.[/b]

them loud american cars dont do owt for me too loud and just race cars.

I'm a fan of nice bit of engine / exhaust noise but they lack the performance to back the bark up - it was nice to finally see some proper drag cars in action but it wasn't as impressive as I'd hoped. I think a trip to the pod on a dedicated RWYB day would be more my cup of tea but as you say the York setup is local so it's a good place to play around. I wished I could have had a dabble myself really but the cotton wool was on in the hope someone would buy her but the for sale sign went unnoticed :(

Anyway I'll say hello now I know it's you, see you at the next meet....

Originally posted by Thorin

Rain? Bloody thunderstorms here this afternoon! And to think I was gonna get up early and go to York Dragway. Glad I didn't!

'kin el, its made yr numberplate run :)

• 2 weeks later...

would have gone for a ride up with lee in skyline and supra. just looked at date 20th june, i will be working thu fri sat days

got 8 days off now

would not be botherd about the film, just to see the cars.

have fun anyway.

take asome pics and post them up

might pop up to well lane this saturday to rolling road event.

who said that well lane?

they have got a bit of a hit or miss reputation. some people think they are muppets others think they ok.

seen them hammer a r5 gtt on rollers and turn off engine before giving it a chance to cool down.

i am getting mine on rollers at john noble rolling road on the 27th july.

what sort of cars going down and is there many booked in

Not sure if's Well Lane setting the rules or the guy organising this event there, I've certainly seen Well Lane do Auto Supras in the past, it's still money to them at the end of the day.

No idea what sort of stuff is booked in for Saturday but from the forum on the website of the chap organising it I'm preparing myself for a Nova / Corsa / Saxo overload - wikkid init an all dat.... or something similar :)

See http://www.its-a-fast-world.com and make your own mind up.

As you say their reputation seems somewhat mixed, I think they are pretty capable with bolt on mods but when it comes to anything that involved more than that they struggle and get very vague, a shame really because we don't have much else in the area.

Where are John Noble BTW?