The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1998 VVTi RSP Manual T61

Alex

Ok people.

£14k?

It's not a pile of shite it works fine - though it does have certain quirks from having a single turbo on a maf. Personally I would if I could fit a replacement ECU to remove the MAF ala Terry's car...(HKS Fcon V PRO). So consider that...but the price definately reflects that consideration.

I've not even had 1 person look at it in the flesh yet, which is really dispirriting.

Will take a small diesel runabout in P/X.

Quirks...the MAF tries to double read the air flow when lifting off...it means it goes rich..too rich...your best to coast down rather than release the throttle and depress the clutch....ie use run down from anything ofver 1500rpm.until the AFR meter has gone fully lean. This only causes a problem if someone jumps out on you and you have to do a rapid stop from open throttle.

Restarts. Usually 1st time sometimes as many as 3 - but it always works. I have NEVER been stranded.

Guest Flat4_ire

Alex im in shock u havent sold this yet!!

as i said im currently selling my sti type r but its a C*nt to sell b4 xmas obviously. i am very very interested in your and i will be giving u a buzz when i get the notes for my car! ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
Ok let me know how you get on...

I do have a cool video clip :) But I need a host for a 48mb file!

will do, ah 48 meg is it ur life story or what man?? :Popcorn:

Quirks...the MAF tries to double read the air flow when lifting off...it means it goes rich..too rich...your best to coast down rather than release the throttle and depress the clutch....ie use run down from anything ofver 1500rpm.until the AFR meter has gone fully lean. This only causes a problem if someone jumps out on you and you have to do a rapid stop from open throttle.

Restarts. Usually 1st time sometimes as many as 3 - but it always works. I have NEVER been stranded.

My skyline used to do the same on run-over....

Especially with the plugs being so hi-spec on it too...have you tried less 'cold' plugs?

You are right - the F-Con has the programming ability to lean this out at this stage - but never totally IMHO...but at least not doing any damage as not enough to wash?

My skyline used to do the same on run-over....

Especially with the plugs being so hi-spec on it too...have you tried less 'cold' plugs?

You are right - the F-Con has the programming ability to lean this out at this stage - but never totally IMHO...but at least not doing any damage as not enough to wash?

I'm only running 7's so I doubt the plugs are at fault.

I've got some theories as to how to dial this behaviour out - but I'm not sure if it will affect driveability yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.