The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OS Giken pedal issue.

black_widow87

Afternoon guys,

I have just had an OS Giken quad plate clutch with alteration kit installed onto my V160, however the biting point is at the very bottom of the pedal, literally a couple of mm's, and im unable to get into reverse gear with the car running. All gears 1-6 engage as they should however they do feel stiff, but im putting that down to my newly fitted solid selector bushes. Are there any obvious adjustments i can make to raise the biting point? 

Cheers

Jake

IMG_20210925_191226.jpg

Edited by black_widow87 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Andy Blyth said:

I'd check to see if the slave cylinder rod was changed for the OS Giken one.  From memory it's a little bit longer than the stock one.

I believe that the extended slave push rod was used, is there any adjustment at the pedal side that gives me a abit more engagement? Is the bit circled in the picture adjustable? It appears to be threaded.. 

IMG_20210926_213621.jpg

There is but it's not a great deal. You can loosen that nut you can see and then twist the threaded rod by hand (apply a little pressure to the clutch pedal with your other hand to take the load off the rod, allowing you to adjust it).

Not sure if my brain's working at this time on a Monday but you'll want to loosen the nut then wind the rod to expose more thread that you can see. Tighten up the nut and see what you think. That will extend the master piston throw, which I think is the right way in this case.

Be sure to refer to the repair manual as well to check pedal play etc. as you could end up over adjusting and put unwanted pressure on the throw out bearing when the pedal is in the stationary position.

12 hours ago, Style said:

There is but it's not a great deal. You can loosen that nut you can see and then twist the threaded rod by hand (apply a little pressure to the clutch pedal with your other hand to take the load off the rod, allowing you to adjust it).

Not sure if my brain's working at this time on a Monday but you'll want to loosen the nut then wind the rod to expose more thread that you can see. Tighten up the nut and see what you think. That will extend the master piston throw, which I think is the right way in this case.

Be sure to refer to the repair manual as well to check pedal play etc. as you could end up over adjusting and put unwanted pressure on the throw out bearing when the pedal is in the stationary position.

Thanks mate, I will give it a go. 👍

Edited by black_widow87 (see edit history)