The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota V160 Supra 6 Speed Gearbox Oil vs Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400

SUPRA4EVA

Seeing some say 'Toyota V160 Supra 6 Speed Gearbox Oil' is the only oil you should ever use in a V160.

I picked up some Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400 a while back (due to availability and price of V160 oil) and just been topping it up as I've had a weep coming from my V160 ever since I got it. I plan to get it done just don't know when...

I'm just having second thoughts as some mention seal swell and I really wanna minimize that if possible.

FAQ mentions ATF 4400 for a 4 speed but not 6 speed...it was combined searches that kinda led me to get ATF 4400...

But is it still considered perfectly save for a V160?

1 hour ago, SUPRA4EVA said:

Seeing some say 'Toyota V160 Supra 6 Speed Gearbox Oil' is the only oil you should ever use in a V160.

I picked up some Fuchs TITAN ATF 4400 a while back (due to availability and price of V160 oil) and just been topping it up as I've had a weep coming from my V160 ever since I got it. I plan to get it done just don't know when...

I'm just having second thoughts as some mention seal swell and I really wanna minimize that if possible.

FAQ mentions ATF 4400 for a 4 speed but not 6 speed...it was combined searches that kinda led me to get ATF 4400...

There's lots on this and it's a always been a point of contention. V160 oil is Automatic Transmission Fluid, it was used to promote fuel economy and not because it was the best fluid for the box. Far far better oil to use to reduce wear and prolong the life of the box! Just a few threads below, there are absolutely loads on this topic.

https://www.mkivsupra.net/topic/244377-6mt-v160-gearbox-current-oil-choices/

https://www.mkivsupra.net/topic/202215-v160-gearbox-oil-superseded/?tab=comments#comment-2877174

On 8/16/2021 at 8:51 AM, SUPRA4EVA said:

The ATF4400 will be ideal in a V160 👍

Cheers,

Guy

• Like 1