The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tiptronic Box Information

• 2 months later...

I have at long-long last managed to get my hands onto and cast my beady eyes over a Tiptronic transmission. :)

It was an Aristo box which turns out has the largest version sump.

Aristo transmission with Tiptronic valve-body

attachment.php?attachmentid=226069&d=1521236684

Transmission casting and oil-ways

attachment.php?attachmentid=226070&d=1521236684

I found that the casting and oil-ways are same as for N/A and T.T. boxes, which means that I can Hybridise Tiptronic boxes with N/A and/or T.T. components. :)

Tiptronic accumulators and springs

attachment.php?attachmentid=226071&d=1521236684

These I found to be same as in T.T, except for having a different strength small-spring in accumulator 2 and a single soft-spring in the C-0 accumulator instead of a stronger pair.

With Mr. T's. Transmission Bible, reference to pics of components in the Group pages and with bluesonic94 doing the heavy lifting and passing the spanners.

After much component referencing and parts juggling, my kitchen floor has given birth to the first ever Tiptronic box converted to Automatic. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=226072&d=1521236684

:trophy: World First Tiptronic box rebuilt with Supra T.T. Automatic valve-body, loom and shimmed accumulator springs :trophy:

attachment.php?attachmentid=226073&d=1521236780

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.