The mkiv Supra Owners Club

650 ftlb Hybrid *****

This tip is a little ahead of it'self, :blush: nevertheless, I should soon have the answers to report. :)

The strongest A340 in the series that I tinker with is the Tiptronic, Knightrider has been leathering one of these around with 600ftlbs? for some time now without destroying it. :)

However, I have yet to see the casting behind the brain in one of these?

To learn the answer for my curiosity, I have bought myself a Tiptronic box with torque-conveter for 0.99p on ebay. :D

Currently this in the care of Benjy and as soon as I can get my hands on it...............

I can confirm if the casting is same as T.T. & N/A boxes, or the next gen A650 castings?

If it turns out to have same oil-ways as A650, the components won't interchange and this idea will be laughed off the forum as a Brain Fart. :(

Regardless, should it be found compatible with T.T. & N/A valve bodies, I will be able to add these components into the ever growing possible variants of Hybridised transmissions.

The addition of these stronger components should raise the bar of these cheap as chips transmissions up to 650ftlb. :think:

I am expectant to create a 650ftlb capable transmission with Super-Fast gear-changes and if desired, raised rpm too, for what will add up to be 25%? the cost of an R154, :)

All being well, this build should be configurable for plug & play compatibility with either N/A-T auto and/or T.T. auto installations. :hi:

attachment.php?attachmentid=221980&d=1503589063 image

• 3 years later...

Hi David 

Did you get any further with this project ? I am interested as I may e adding more power to my car in the future and want to understand the exent of parts and in this case, Auto Boxes i would need to collect. 

I believe that a 550ft/lb modification may meet my needs but If a 650ft/lb option is available then i would look at the cost/benefit 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.