The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrid Transmission P to D Bump ***

GTE accumulator + GE springs = P-to-D bump

GTE accumulator + GTE springs + modified GTE cap = No bump, but also no Reverse

GE accumulator + GE springs + modified GTE cap = P-to-R bump

GE accumulator + GE springs = P-to-D bump, but less so

GE accumulator + GE springs + 1 washer shim = Best combo so far :)

GE accumulator + GE springs + 2 washer shim = ?

attachment.php?attachmentid=221980&d=1503589063 image Or, have a go & let us know? :shrug:

• 5 weeks later...

I am working my way through the possible C-0 accumulator combinations, trying to result with a Hybrid transmission that engages D like a stock box, yet in the meanwhile, I remind you that all you need to do for a bump-less engagement is.............

Pause in R before engaging D

attachment.php?attachmentid=168514&thumb=1&d=1324415165

My spine is giving me some pro per gip at the mo and I''m not up to very much at this time. :(

Consequently, I have given J some more tuition, lent him some of my tools and he is going to have a go at dropping the V.B. himself and swap back to the best known C-0 accumulator combo of; GE accumulator + GE springs.

He has watched and helped me do this job four times now, on three of these occasions working from underneath.

He has also on two occasions helped me to split and rebuild a valve body and I'm confident that he is up to the job.

It looks like I have an apprentice. :)

• 4 months later...

I don't know why, but in some N/A boxes it is not possible to get a cable tie in the gap shown as on previous page?

Alternatively and faaar better, is to fit a tag to this bolt and then you can use stronger cable ties. :)

Getting to this bolt can only be done with the valve-body removed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=226057&d=1521136082

attachment.php?attachmentid=226058&d=1521136082

• 1 year later...

With a bit of luck, on Saturday; for the interest of "Science" both Zedhex Patrick & Delboy52 Mike, will bring their cars to mine and we will then have the opportunity to compare these 2 variations and discover if shimming the C-0 is an improvement or not?

GE accumulator + GE springs = P to D bump, but less so (Best combo so far - trying to better) (Delboy52)

GE accumulator + GE springs + 1 washer shim = ? (Zedhex)

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.