The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyres - where do you buy from?

tDR

I guess this could be geared more towards the Aberdeen lot (providing there is a local recommendation that is)...

Picking up the car on Sunday and it has budget tyres on the rear. I'm not planning on them staying there very long so will need to get some new ones. Currently 255/35/18 at the rear and 235/35/18 on front.

Will check the rim width to decide what tyre width to opt for (e.g. if better to go up to 265 or not) when I get the car back home.

Just really wanting to know if there is somewhere good to get tyres from or just to look at the online usual suspects (blackcircles, camskill etc.).

Personally I always buy from Camskill, the price is excellent and the service and delivery is 2nd to none. Buying Toyo Proxes TR-1's is miles cheaper from Camskill, even having to get them fitted.

I saved over £150 buying from them compared to what price Ibrar on here quoted me., even with his so called discount.

• 3 months later...

Just FYI incase no-one knew, there is a place just off Holburn Street in Aberdeen - I believe it's Holland Street (?) - called Siletts. I've been getting my tyres from him for years and have yet to find cheaper (for bikes, cars, vans, tractors, skateboards...) and have been informed that numerous 'dealers' are supplied initially through Siletts before 'putting their bit on' for profit.

Prob not as cheap as the sources mentioned above - haven't checked yet - but if you're needing tyres quick and at very reasonable prices, look him up.

:cool:

And no, I'm not on commission! ;)

Agree on Camskill being cheapest supplier, usually by a chunk too. I always end up doing a comparison of the online retailers when tyre shopping and they've come up trumps the last few times I've done so.

Excellent prices on FK-452's which tend to be my preference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.