The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Active front spoiler not working

Bender

Ok so my Supra has full respray as you can imagine been in pieces when the job was done guy who did respray put everything back together and all seems fine i check active spoiler (stationery by pressing the button) and it was working perfectly fine few days later i took off all dash elements as want to do them as well and after puting everything back that button stop working i check if everything was connected and it was (did it twice to make sure) button not working anymore and now also got O/D light flashing been told active spoiler can have something to do with it. I just dont know how accurate that information is. Any idea?

I’m having the same issue. It comes and goes. It first happened a few years ago and sorted itself out but I noticed it’s back now.

You may find that cruise control doesn’t work either.

I searched and found that it can be to do with a speed sensor fault. There are meant to be resistors in the ECU that commonly blow that may need replaced.

I got a bunch of them on amazon the other week but it’s not an urgent job for me just now and was planning on more research before tinkering with the ecu

Did you try that fix?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237916[/ATTACH]

I did this fix on my NA (5spd pre-facelift) and it fixed all of my issues. The active spoiler always comes down and goes back up when it should, and I no longer get a check engine light relating to Code 42. So I'd say it is worth a try, worst case you can solder it back if it does nothing.

I did this fix on my NA (5spd pre-facelift) and it fixed all of my issues. The active spoiler always comes down and goes back up when it should, and I no longer get a check engine light relating to Code 42. So I'd say it is worth a try, worst case you can solder it back if it does nothing.

I done that with my NA too and it fix check engine issue i guess will try same thing in TT