The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Hiper Pro Performer Suspension

RobSheffield

this is the suspension my car had when it came into the UK, it is HKS Hipermax Pro Performer

they are on MVP's site (click suspension from main page, they are the 21st item on the resulting list - cant post a link to it!)

im asking £500 for these, which aint bad considering they are top line race units. mainly suited to racing - as in track, but when properly adjusted are also ok on the road (so im told!)

and pictures here

Tempting.... any idea how many miles they have on them?

They sound really good:

For those of you looking for the ultimate in handling, adjustability, and quality look no further! The Pro Performers are stiffer than the HiperMax II coilovers and excellent for serious road-racers. While they are streetable, be aware that they are quite stiff. The dampening is adjustable in 30 ways on each corner.

Also included is all 4 pillow ball mounts & the suspension is FULLY assembled unlike Tein. All HKS suspension components are constructed from the highest quality steel & aluminum & are designed to stand up to even the most severe road and/or track conditions.

The biggest difference in the HiperMax II and these Pro Performers is the HiperMax II have adjustable ride height only through the spring perch. These Pro Performers can be adjusted through either the spring perch or the threaded tube, meaning these coilovers can adjust ride height without compressing the spring!

Here is a quote from Paul M., one of our road-racing Supra customers who uses this suspension.

"I was finally able to put some track time to that new suspension that I purchased from you. I must say that it worked great. The extra spring pressure was a huge help and I only had the dampening turned up to about 70% of it's limit, so it's plenty stiff. I highly recommend this kit for anyone doing autocross or especially high speed road racing like I do. I think the standard HKS would not be sufficient for anyone looking to do this on a regular basis."

Their spring rate is:

Front: 22.0 kg/mm / 1,232 lbs/in

Rear: 16.0 kg/mm / 896 lbs/in

The main reason I asked is that they look really new :)

having just replaced them (and having a bottom arm replacement to do) im amazed how clean the bottom of my car is

during my rebuild i have been constantly amazed by how easy fasteners remove and refit, i think its due to me having a Mini as my first car and bein used to working along the lines of

Spanner>Molegrips>blowtorch>Grinder>drill>bloody big hammer and coal chisel

on all the nuts and bolts on that

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.