The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my 1st Supra! Prices, Mods, and underseal?

Stephen88

Great looking car. Personally, if you're not going to drive in winter why even bother undersealing? I had a Crown that was just painted underneath and I loved the way it looked. Just give it a wash underneath once a month. KM/MPH conversion, if you can cope with KMs (some cant) then dont introduce another electronic weak point :)

how about using one of those heads up units using the OBD2 connector?

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice

Very envious

Look forward to seeing it at a meet

meet too!! Would like to meet some of you in a meet !

That car looks great, i saw it on their site and thought it must be good if they say it is. 39k is a lot of money for an import as thats usually reserved for uk manual tt6's. Personally i prefer the jap imports, dont like the headlight washers or bonnet vent really.

My question is when are the auto prices going to go up again. I understand a manual conversion with v160/61 will enf up costing around 10k for used, untested parts (madness) but why should that mean a 10-15k price gap for a 3rd pedal??

I think the manuals are just the one to have/most collectable. It's all getting a bit Emperors new clothes or real classic car where it's all fine as long as everyone keeps the faith?

It does seem a lot but it is super clean and original.........take a £20K manual and I can see a £18K spend and it not looking as good and certainly won't be original any more?

I'd be more worried buying one in the states at over $100K of which there are a number, a 12K mile one is up at $275K! obviously speculating but it has to be slight comfort to the OP spending close to $50K?

That car looks great, i saw it on their site and thought it must be good if they say it is. 39k is a lot of money for an import as thats usually reserved for uk manual tt6's. Personally i prefer the jap imports, dont like the headlight washers or bonnet vent really.

My question is when are the auto prices going to go up again. I understand a manual conversion with v160/61 will enf up costing around 10k for used, untested parts (madness) but why should that mean a 10-15k price gap for a 3rd pedal??

I think personally auto cars will start to creep up as they are very desirable at the moment to just buy and enjoy...will be a little while tho I think...as the new mk5 gets more popular these car will start to get more notice.

I think the manuals are just the one to have/most collectable. It's all getting a bit Emperors new clothes or real classic car where it's all fine as long as everyone keeps the faith?

It does seem a lot but it is super clean and original.........take a £20K manual and I can see a £18K spend and it not looking as good and certainly won't be original any more?

I'd be more worried buying one in the states at over $100K of which there are a number, a 12K mile one is up at $275K! obviously speculating but it has to be slight comfort to the OP spending close to $50K?

I tend to agree but if you spend 20 K on a car and gradually spend 18 K to it you probably going to enjoy it a lot with out thinking too much... I know is easy to say yea just enjoy and drive it....but to anyone myself included who have invested into something collectible is a difficult decision on whether you use it or just keep it locked up and don't even look at it!

yea with the prices in states I think is causing a price inflation in JDM cars as they are frquently getting imported to there. intereesting thing will be to see where the UK market is going...UK cars even clean ones tend to be higher millege 100K + for a clean one. and there were only ever 900 of them. And to be honest it took a while for these cars to really get noticed compared to r34 gtr...so there must be fewer mint UK Cars which should increase the prices further. Go for owners but bad for buyers on the MK4 I think.

This is the shame part of it all the worry of using it! The worry of agreed value insurance, the worry the miles will affect the value etc, they are of course all perfectly valid but it wasn't really something that was on the radar before, certainly not to the same extent. They aren't temperamental generally so can cope pretty well with being relatively unused, but it seems they are a rare sight these days and are set to get even more so.

I think you have to make some plans for some special trips so you do get the buzz from actually driving it and then perhaps become a ocd amateur detailer to keep it mint!

This is the shame part of it all the worry of using it! The worry of agreed value insurance, the worry the miles will affect the value etc, they are of course all perfectly valid but it wasn't really something that was on the radar before, certainly not to the same extent. They aren't temperamental generally so can cope pretty well with being relatively unused, but it seems they are a rare sight these days and are set to get even more so.

I think you have to make some plans for some special trips so you do get the buzz from actually driving it and then perhaps become a ocd amateur detailer to keep it mint!

just had a look at your mint engine bay in your profile! obviously speaking from experience!!

- - - Updated - - -

just had a look at your mint engine bay in your profile! obviously speaking from experience!!

Well wear with it mate, i used Dinitrol cavity wax inside the arch's in mine and used a light coat of Dinitrol stone-chip underneath after treating any small bits. The latter goes on quiet thinly so that you can see if anything else starts to happen, i don't like the heavy waxy stuff that can hide rust coming out or repair damage. I have to look at it again as that was 5/6 years though...

Yep nice car and not many in white.

Originality seems to be where it's at nowadays as the cars get older and even more iconic.

Not sure there will be money in these because what we spend.

I bought my vvti in RSP from Mike at Torque 9 years ago for £10K. Not sure what it's worth now but I do know how much I spend on it yearly just for the basics although I do tend to use MrT or the well known traders on here for spares which can be on the expensive side of cost but it gives me confidence.

Enjoy your purchase they are truly superb cars