The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ecu ideas and tuning in the south west

2jzjay

Hey,

That's an interesting swop...how u finding the auto over the manual? Did u have a 6 or 5spd before?

Defo in need of a good chat with burna as my next step.

A little cautious over going single with standard ecu for obvious reasons but as long as u take necessary precautions, ie, wideband/Afr gauge etc to monitor the situation and keep the boost low, standard ecu should cope with that.

I’ve had two manuals (only 6spd V160s) and two autos now, my first supra was back in 2006 an import TT Auto running BPU. I swapped due to limited use and seeing the values continue to rise for stock examples.

The Auto is a truly great box, smooth and can handle decent power. The manual makes the drive a different experience altogether but can be a pain especially in slow traffic. Personally I think Auto is perfect for Stock/BPU but a decent single setup suits a Manual far better, personal opinion of course.

The stock TT Auto ECU runs rich on boost 10’s so I wouldn’t be overly concerned about a small single running on this, as you say an AFR to keep an eye on things is perfect.

Also have you pushed the stock UK Turbos to their limit yet? Are you running 1.4bar boost ? If not why not before going single and if you know you’re going single why not push them to the limits and run more and have fun whilst you save ?!

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

I've not quite gone to 1.4bar yet, but 1.3 is the normal setting.

It does go well, no complaints really. It's nice and smooth and a great cruiser and if I drove it every day I wouldn't mess with it. However, id like to have a bit more of a wkend weapon sat there, that's simplified and more tunable. Quite limited I find on stock turbos/ecu and can't tinker as much as I'd like. And being a UK spec, it's so busy under the bonnet as u know, with all the extra bits n pieces, so simplifying would be nice.

Had a couple of pms from members with single turbo kits 4 sale so I'll see what comes of them lol.

Well taken all advise on-board and just purchased a much more suited single turbo kit!

Full setup minus ecu, from a member who is being so kind and doing a 6hr round trip to do the deal!

Very excited to get it all fitted.....allot of late nights ahead me thinks....

I went for this setup -

Boost logic manifold

Precision turbo t67dbb turbo

0.70 AR

Hks external wastegates

650 injectors

475 walbro pump

Aromotive fpr

Extra stuff.....incl full ft mount kit, bov, intake,downpipe and centre section!

Allot of goodies!

Just need an ecu and someone to map in the near future!