The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PB Brakes myth busted!! 😁

jazzy69

Hi, yes got a few ideas going on, I already have air piped to the back of the discs albeit from fairly small 65mmish collectors mounted in my front air dam, I'm sure these work as wear on the inside of the disc and pad is less than the outside whereas on my brothers car it's the other way round.

ย 

/QUOTE]

ย 

65 mm pipe should be fine just add a 65mm in line fan , the gap between outlet and disc must be a close as possible ,you should feel the hot air when stationary outside the wheel with hot brakes - like a foot warmer in winter

In your case get a laser spot temp gun , cheap as chips now , measure after one lap fan off and fan on - you will get your own cars limits and know when itโ€™s time to pull in and wait before you get into a ring twitching situation - lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you who've been on here long enough would remember the debate about PB Brakes - Some strong opinions out there!?

ย 

Now, if youโ€™ve not heard of them then fine as it may have been before your time on the site

ย 

Hi, you must be new here. I'm afraid I don't recall ever hearing about PB Brakes on here, but guess it may have been before my time.