The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ksport Big Brakes & Traficstar 3 Piece Forged Wheels; Guaging Interest

Cam27

I am thinking of changing my wheel and brake setup, so this thread is to gauge interest if anyone is interested in my current setup, as well as any advice on value etc.

Ideally I would like to sell as a package, as fitment will be guaranteed. The reason for changing is I would like to go down to an 18" wheel, and I have always wanted a set of TE37s.

Here are the specs:

Wheels

Traficstar by Riverside RTS 3-piece forged split-rim VIP.

19x9.5 front 265/30r19 Toyo Proxes

19x11 rear 295/30r19 Bridgestone Potenzas

I had the wheels refurbished last year, with the spokes being re-diamond cut, and the insides painted anthracite. The wheels would come with the tyres, the rears being almost new (less than 1k miles) but the fronts would need replaced.

These wheels are amazing, and of very high quality, not to mention extremely rare.

They are in good condition being recently refurbished, although the centre caps could do with being re-clear coated. Also there are a few scuffs on the rims from when the tyre fitters refitted the tyres.

I am unsure of the offsets, as they are not marked on the inside of the wheel, but I will try to do some research and find out.

Brakes *deposit taken, sold pending collection

Ksport big brake conversion

8 pot lightweight calipers with 380mm 2 piece floating discs front

4 pot lightweight calipers with 356mm 2 piece discs rear

EBC yellow stuff pads all round

Goodridge braided hoses

The front calipers are known as super 8 pots and utilise 4 pads per caliper, and are pretty much the biggest calipers I have seen on a Supra. The calipers are finished in anodised orange, but do have some scuff marks so would benefit from a refurb to be pristine again. The brakes really need to be run with a 19" wheel to clear the calipers.

I also have a brand new full set of EBC yellow stuff pads (£300) that I will throw in, As well as a pair of H&R 15mm Hubcentric spacers for the front and new H&R extended wheel studs.

Price wise, I was thinking £1800 for the brakes, which is less than half the new rrp. The wheels are more difficult to price as they are so rare, I was thinking £1500 with the tyres.

I will take a full set of pictures later on this week of each wheel and brake.

If you are interested give me a shout.

Cheers

Cam

Any rubbing from the wheels.

No mate they are generally fine. My car is pretty low and they rarely catch. It would depend on your suspension setup obviously

- - - Updated - - -

lol damn it ive just bought some ksports.

It's always the way mate!

• 3 weeks later...
I will measure them tomorrow and post up mate, there is no markings on the wheels to indicate it

Strange - nearly all wheels have the ET in there somewhere unless they're custom drilled etc.

Also, it appears one of these wheels was repaired by yourself and your bro - did you get it fully balanced etc? Is it all OK now?

Strange - nearly all wheels have the ET in there somewhere unless they're custom drilled etc.

Also, it appears one of these wheels was repaired by yourself and your bro - did you get it fully balanced etc? Is it all OK now?

Yeah i was surprised, all the other info is on them! I will double check though.

Yes it was balanced when the tyre was refitted, no issues. It has been on the car 8 months since.

Those are absolutely stunning wheels. Wish I had the money.

Happy to give you a free bump though!

Thank you mate, they are awesome looking!

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.