The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DE-BADGE IT!!!

Andy Metcalfe

Dean,

In the USA for '97 and '98 Supras, the wheels came with a Polished finish. They look somewhat like chrome, but are a better conductor of heat and it doesn't weigh as much.

I will be putting new wheels on within the next few months hopefully, and while I won't tell you which ones, I'll tell you that they are very nice and the perfect size for the Supra.

I updated my info in the user section.

-m

• 1 month later...

Talking about rear badges, does anyone know where you can get the oval top secret badges from as on the back of Phil Dawsons old Supra? By directly replacing the rear toyota badge, it would remove the need to fill the holes and knowbody will know what kind of car your driving.

BTW. You can see a shot of the 98 spec clear front indicators supplied by Paul on a red UK car in the members section under my name, can't remeber the number.

Guest Mycroft

We can make (or easier still you can make) clear side indicators for about £6 and a spare weekend with a Dremel and a hot Glue gun.

It is sooo easy!

You need; tools to take off the 'indi's' some clear dimpled acrylic from Machine mart  or BQ the stuff is called Lexan or something like that, some clear acrylic compound and the aforementioned Glue, so simple to do!

Now for a few questions for our American friend,

1 Chrome wheel centres, are they the originals coated then chromed or are they 'made' units, if  the latter then are they logo-less I would like a set of chrome logo-less centres like that as I'm about to have my wheels chromed.

2. How much, and where do I send the money?

Nice car matey, vvrrrrr flash.