The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DE-BADGE IT!!!

Andy Metcalfe

The Toyota back badge is screwed in, I think.

I took the front badge off, and the Supra lettering is easy enough to heat up and peel off.  It's just the back one....

NMG (people I bought the car from) put a hoofing great NMG badge on the boot too, which I tore off within about 2 hours of purchase....

Thats the supra badge coming off then!

Is the Toyota emblem on the front screwed on like the back one and gonna leave me with holes??

When you said you think the Toyota badge on back is screwed on - do you mean the emblem or the actual Toyota lettering like i`ve seen on some supra`s?? (not got them on mine)

Hi...

I understand that the Toyota in writing and the Supra on the tailgate are stuck on, they can be heated with a hair dryer and removed with a soft spatula or dental floss.

The Toyota symbol on the front bumper is secured by pins and needs filling and painting. The rear I don't know about.

regards.........

My Supra page on rear came off with ease...

According to my mate who was working at time on Lexus at the paint shop that did it. However it has left a kind of Supra logo faint shadow, which looks kinda cool. But not as cool as no logo.

I wanted it debaging fully. He told me, the actual "Toyota" logo are pinned in, and will need "filling with rivets, which are then sanded down and then resprayed" otherwise they have the tendancy to un-fill especially on the boot. According to the artist formely known as Paint shop bloke.

So its not as straight forward as I intially thought.

Ho hum, have to wait for the full spray job.

I did a really good job of filling in the front bumper, when I finally get round to getting some pictures when the car isn't quite so grotty, I'll put a close-up pic of the *slight* raising of the paintwork (unnoticable unless you know it's there).

Back badges will be sorted soon.  I knew the back would take a better filling job, my skills are nowhere near sufficient.....

You don't see any Toyota badges on Batmans car... Thats a Supra. But its a secret. So don't tell anyone.

Ok, I'm being silly.

Debadged Supra. Yes please.

Why?

Why change indicators, why change wheels, why change number plate. etc etc. Because its a mod, its different.

I think the Skoda badge idea is perhaps taking it a little too far but feel free to do what you will with your own cars,it would make us all laugh when we go to the big meets!!.........and even more funny would be when Jo Public who knows nothing about cars proclaims to everybody that this monster machine is actually a skoda!!!!

Cheers for all your help guys but for now i`m gonna have to take the easy way out and just remove the stick on ones because paint jobs are just far too costly for little old me at the mo!

Hi Marcus,

Where in the States are you?  Is that your car?  USA plates are soooo much sexier than UK plates, especially if they have that kind of message on.

Did you de-badge the rear yourself?  If so, how difficult was it to clean up?

I'm still working on the pics of my front minus badge....I don't understand digital cameras...

Quote: from Andy Metcalfe on 4:26 pm on Jan. 6, 2002[br]Hey Marcus,not only do you guys get to have cool plates i bet you have clear front indicators like the ones we would all love to get our hands on over here?!

No problem getting clear front indicators if you want them