The mkiv Supra Owners Club

quick bit of advice please

peter richards

Is it the gear shift lock? mine also clicks like mad, can feel it in the gear shifter and press brake on and off. If so, normal.

Yes its most likely this, Ric is right. It's there to stop you putting it in gear without the brake being applied.

ok thanks is it a problem or just something to live with

If it is that and it sounds like it, then its part of the design and has most likely always been doing it. I guess over time they may go noisy but never heard of it being a common problem.

not sure dunk , same with the truck last year ended up taking the bulb out. after he moved the seat it came on and stayed on up to that point he didn't mention it at all , I think the last time I had a fella put it out for me after the mot took it back to show him it was done , but I said id take it out he said ok

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)

In the link i posted i found this

Question

If the airbag light does not come on at all.

i.e will not illuminate,bulb failure, is this a failure.

Answer

Yes Tester has to know that the Airbag is funtional

It also mentions aftermarket steering wheels, if the car came with a fitted airbag in the steering wheel then its a fail if it doesn't have one

it came on dunk wouldn't go off , so he knows it works , it went off when I took it out

That means there's a fault though if it doesn't go out and should be a fail.

Good news it passed but i'd be having a look at whats wrong, i had this issue on my Range Rover

and found the fault which would have caused the drivers airbag not to deploy

last year , well the year before dunk it did the same , I adjusted my seat and it came on , I think the problem is under there somewhere , I paid a fella to turn it out he had a machine that fitted the diagnostic , I tried with a wire but it didn't work , then I had to take it back to show him it was out and he gave me the pass . this time same thing he adjusted the seat and it came on , only this time I know the fella doesn't have the machine to fit the car anymore, so there wasn't an option for me to take it anywhere , so I said if I take out the bulb would he pass it he said yes , so that's what I did in the mot station