The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Change of circumstances

Scarface GTti

My car has been for sale for a while now and although i`m struggling to repay my loan and not been able to drive it for lack of insurance i`ve not been overly bothered because its quite enjoyable just looking at it.

Unfortunately looking at it doesn`t pay the bills. I vowed not to drop below £9000 but i have been seconded to another department at work from the 1st of November. This entails me working abroad on and off for 6 months. So i really want rid of this car as its ridiculous to have it sat here doing nothing. My price is final. Please no more low offers.

£8500 firm

For a black TT6 this is a good price, don`t miss out. Details of car in this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=43469

Just to add, since the service i`d think the car has done no more than a few hundred miles.

Ok, getting alot of interest suddenly but can i please stress that i`m not interested in part exchanges or low offers. My Dad has said that`ll he`ll pay for my loan while i`m away to avoid dropping the price as it is already too cheap for the condition and spec of the car.

Thanks to all the people that have showed interest though and i know what its like when you really want something, i guess its always worth a crack.

Well looks like myself and CJ are keeping ours now rather than let them go for less than they are worth. You can tell when a car is priced to sell as it starts to get interest. Its only a matter of a difference of £500 to change from not a single call to loads. At the price of this one you are getting a hell of a lot of car for the money. Thats why anyone that has found my car too expensive and isn't specifically after an aerotop has been pointed in the direction of this one. I think I have now sent at least 3 people your way recently chap :)

Much appreciated DB. The only thing is i`ve always been determined not to get "done" when buying a car, never thought i`d get "done" selling one. This car is worth 9.5k minimum in my opinion and the first person that sees it will snap my hand off. I must admit that trying to sell this car has embittered the whole process of owning a Supra, that is until you get behind the wheel and drive it and then i really couldn`t give a toss about anything as i`m just too damn happy! :)

I can't beleive that none of the cars for sale on the club seem to be moving at all. Lovatts went but he got a bit less for it than he would have liked and a lot less than I would have pegged it as being worth :(

i was more than happy with the price i got for my car mate, i think nearly 10k for a 12yr old car with 96k on the clock is more than fair, no matter how much i had spent on it, you really have got to compare it with the market out there and im sorry to say yu can get a good newish car for 10k easy, people will always spend on new rather than style imho

i was more than happy with the price i got for my car mate, i think nearly 10k for a 12yr old car with 96k on the clock is more than fair, no matter how much i had spent on it, you really have got to compare it with the market out there and im sorry to say yu can get a good newish car for 10k easy, people will always spend on new rather than style imho

Thats not what ya said when the trader that bought it put it up for sale straight away for a lot more. You were understandably a bit miffed at the time. Looking at the way things have gone since you've managed to get a good price for it as these cars just aren't selling anywhere near what we want for them.

I'm not shocked just dissapointed really. I spent a year finding mine and believed that the aero tt would hold on in there a bit longer than the rest. Seems they have slid down the value ladder a bit more than the hardtops have :(

Less than £8.5k is terrible really. I've got an offer on the table for £6k and a 94 stock TT gz auto for mine. If yours with those mods went for less than £8.5k I'm probably only gonna see £6.5-7k for that then at that rate.

The prices of these cars vary so much. If somebody wants your car you're laughing, if nobody is looking in your area you're in for a long wait.

I bought my 93 RZ auto in March 2003 for £6500 with 70k miles. Still limited to 112mph from new. New turbos at 60,000 due to a faulty stock BOV throwing a ceramic washer through the system.

In those days a lot of folks on here were happily paying 10k or more for similar cars. Of course there were a lot less Supras about then compared to now.

At the time I bought my first one I had about 14k to spend on a Supe. I thought I wanted a 6sp manual, like everyone thinks they do. I went to see some that were 13k+ but I hated the slow clunky gearbox. Then I saw an auto, local , for 8k, so went to see it. I loved it but pretended I didn't. I offered the guy £6½k and got told to piss off. An hour later he rang me accepting my offer.

Best 6½k I ever spent :D

I love the gear box.... its mean and meaty! Its a mans gear box :) Drive a 911 turbo auto around everynow and then and even with that power i find it a bit boring. Kind of takes some of the fun out of driving ... and i cant imagein how boring it must be on a drag strip ... 'hummmm on this run i think il just put my foot down and let the car do the rest... again' :badidea: lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.