The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DIY Home floor planning software

gavin.starr

Maybe more of a question for the builders on here.

Does any one know of any simple to use software for designing home floor plans, im only looking into the idea of extending but could do with playing around with a few ideas.

Im bored of drawing on paper, I know there are a few online browser things but im not intrested in being online all the time to use some drawing creator.

If any one has a copy or knows where i can downlpoad a simple floor planer for DIY purposes that would be great.

Gav

Autocad. Solidworks. Google sketchup. Turbocad

Autocad and Solidworks are hardly "simple to use", IMHO, as they are professional CAD suites. I use CATIA v5 to plan and visualise my DIY projects but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Most DIY'ers seem to recommend Google Sketchup even if they have no prior CAD experience. Other than that, PC World and the like usually have DIY-oriented software for home and garden design for a few quid on their bargain software stands, which will also come with instructions, unlike the big software suites which really require you to go on a training course or do a lot of trial and error.