The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap spec na auto engine tap

supra87

Richie how long were you driving it like that or did you stop straight away mimy rattle is very faint I'd imagine yours was quite bad ??

A good few months and some hard driving on occasion! lol.

I only noticed it when I stripped the carpet out for dying. Had to drive with no interior for a while.

If your were accelerating hard and let of the gas for whatever reason, there was a horrible rattle for a second.

After getting the bonnet open I could hear a quiet rattle, sounded like it was coming from the head on light revving/idle.

I'm surprised the car started being as the starter motor engages the flex plate to turn it over I'll double check mine when the box comes off does anyone know if there is a specific test or a way to test the gearbox is producing the correct amount of pressure for the atf fluid ?.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply it was the crank bolts 4 of them were finger tight the flex plate literly had 1mm play in hinsight it should have been checked in the first place but we were convinced it was bottom end so didn't even bother checking