The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Website build

scooby_doo_do

Hi All,

I'd like to create a new website but i'm not too sure what software to use and was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as it's been a while since i played with websites (years and years ago, i used to use swish/Serif for ease).

any pointers would also be helpfull - basically trying to create a site with a map plugin (google?) which shows directions/distances etc (based on an entered position/postcode) to places i've created on a map, as well as a blog/twitter page. - I tried using WIX but didn't have much luck and i'd like to have a bit more control.

many thanks in advance

cheers

Wordpress, Dormal , Drupal , Wordpress would be my preference ; GoDaddy do affordable hosting plans and customer support is great

Map plugin 's in Wordpress are very simply

If you want an eCommerce site , shopify is good, just be sure you are happy with their pricing model

Give you an idea

https://www.behance.net/clodola

I did Eurodirt in Shopify and the rest in Wordpress

If you want to have a play with the Shopify , cooling and wheels have more items than others

https://eurodirtoffroad.myshopify.com/

Just tried toweb to see what it's like.

Quicker and easier to use than WordPress and looks very flexible, quite impressed.

/QUOTE]

I was very impressed. When Google went to listing preference for dynamic website a year or two back I had to change my companies website format PTQ. Dreamweaver was to outdated and cumbersome to do that without a lot of code input and ToWeb is fantastically cheap (for the ad free licenced versions) for what it does and does for you.