The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gauging interest - sell as an un-finished project or break it?

drift_bear

Alex if you have lost the drive and time to finish it send it to Lee at SRD to finish it or get it to a stage where you can finish it. I know it will cost more but it will be worth it and get you on the road quicker so you can enjoy driving it rather than looking at it in bits on the garage floor.

"Who else has there been?"

We have - Chris was without his Supra for just over 2 years, 2 failed attempts, then finally on the right track, then within 9 months of getting it put to SRD, we got it back.

There were loads of times where Chris (Dreamscape36) wan't to throw in the towel and giving up on getting it back but we had been through too much, and invested too much into it to give up.

Now he has the car back, he is soo happy! Glad he didn't give it all up. It may seem strange, but we can now live our lives again, and not have to put plans on hold as we didn't know what was happening with the car.

So echoing everyone who has said, don't give up, give the final push and it will be well worth it for the first drive!

You change your mind like the wind ! lol

The thing is with projects is they never go to plan which you must know by now

I would say this

If you really want a GTR and most certainly will be getting one in the sooner then later I would say sell up as you will be no doubt wanting to do things to the GTR

If your only contemplating on buying a GTR you might as well finish the build and enjoy the car

As said dude, just take a step back for a bit! We all hit those hard times in builds and in life! Take knee soldier rethink your strategy and then finish the build! You will thank yourself for it when it's all done.

DONT GIVE UP

I've spoken to a few members and made my decision since I'm so close..

You missed the preface option, leave the bastard thing alone and enjoy it! You loved that car when it was flex fuel and silver, should have left it alone.

Now you're into the realms of breaking it if you want to get anywhere near the amount of cash you put into it :/

The car is still flex fuel though and I was bored of the silver lol, the paint was needing attention anyway

WTF, what problems are you having Alex? I felt like breaking mine quite a few times during the 4 year build, but you can get through it.

Only major problem was just the set back with the clutch yesterday mark

Finish it bud. Your regret it if you don't.

I know I would dude

Alex if you have lost the drive and time to finish it send it to Lee at SRD to finish it or get it to a stage where you can finish it. I know it will cost more but it will be worth it and get you on the road quicker so you can enjoy driving it rather than looking at it in bits on the garage floor.

It's already at the stage where it's close to being finished John, so would be pointless so to speak sending it away. I am speaking to Lee about the last part of the puzzle though

"Who else has there been?"

We have - Chris was without his Supra for just over 2 years, 2 failed attempts, then finally on the right track, then within 9 months of getting it put to SRD, we got it back.

There were loads of times where Chris (Dreamscape36) wan't to throw in the towel and giving up on getting it back but we had been through too much, and invested too much into it to give up.

Now he has the car back, he is soo happy! Glad he didn't give it all up. It may seem strange, but we can now live our lives again, and not have to put plans on hold as we didn't know what was happening with the car.

So echoing everyone who has said, don't give up, give the final push and it will be well worth it for the first drive!

Probabaly will finish tbh

You change your mind like the wind ! lol

The thing is with projects is they never go to plan which you must know by now

I would say this

If you really want a GTR and most certainly will be getting one in the sooner then later I would say sell up as you will be no doubt wanting to do things to the GTR

If your only contemplating on buying a GTR you might as well finish the build and enjoy the car

If I was to go down the GTR route it would already be stage 4 at a minimum, so wouldn't be spending money on upgrades...or I would like to think.

• 1 month later...