The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Supra, probably one of the cheapest around at the moment

Shane

So my wife Carmel has decided after over 2 years of Supra ownership that she wants something more practical for everyday use and she cant afford to keep the Supra and buy something else. I bought the car for her as part of a deal on here from another member who had struggled to get it going and it had stood for a while before we got it. The original problem was down to mainly an earth connection in the engine bay that had been left off while other work had been going on, I have always suspected it had been filled with diesel and while this was being sorted out the earth had been left off. Anyhow,we got it going and it ran ok for about 3 months and in that time we noticed it used a little coolant until one day it boiled up and the HG had failed.. So it was 2 years ago this Easter that we swapped the engine with an old one I had laying around here that came from Fruity South after he had completed his V8 build. Since then it hasn't missed a beat and has been used daily never letting her down.

1994 NA

Auto

Full Decat

Aftermarket 18" alloys (sorry dont know what make). Tyres all legal tread at time of last MOT, looked today and rears are at about 4.5mm

MOT 18th Sep 2017

Usual Ebay exhaust

ODO reads 170,000 but we dont know when the speedo convertor was fitted. The engine fitted came from another member on here "Fruity South" and he said the odo in the car it was pulled from was showing 72,000 but some of that in KMs and she's probably done another 10 -15,000 miles since then.

Serviced by me annually. No history prior to our ownership.

Stock body,wrapped bonnet in carbon effect wrap.

Silver

Speedo reads in MPH

Not sure on the diff, will check it out and confirm, lets assume its an open diff and if not its a bonus.

V5 Present

Stock suspension, black not Bilstiens

Rear wiper and aerial delete bungs fitted

After market deep dish drift style steering wheel

Bad points:

Paintwork/body hence the price.

Has a couple of scrapes that have gone untreated.

Has a scrape on the lower part of the passenger door where I caught it with my car,will post a picture of this, but minor damage.

Paintwork on the roof and tailgate was completely flat and laquerless when she got it, this was painted in matt black as a temporary measure to tidy it up until she got a respray, she never did.

Front seat jammed, usual problem but I do have a replacement ready to go in, just haven't had time.

Good points:

Great engine and box, smooth drive returning 25+mpg

Very solid car underneath

New Lambda sensors a year ago

Few after market bits in the engine bay including HKS earthing kit, Powder coated Fuse box and brake reservoir cover, powder coated strut brace, powder coated aux tensioner, TRD style rad cap cover

New Blueprint rad following engine swap

New cam belt and Aux belt, thermostat, rotor arm, dizzy cap at time of engine swap

6000k HID dip beam, Xenon mains

Double din head unit, with sat nav and gps, USB, reversing camera never fitted, but she has it somewhere

Nice reg L 60PRA

£3,200 ovno Pics below. Not sure why both of the front show the bonnet not closed, it does close fine and will get some more, also will post some interior photos as well as the really bad bits on the body. Car in East Northants, used daily so mileage increasing.

I reckon its fairly priced and for an on the road SIlver Auto in this condition about right. I do have the original cam pulleys somewhere and the top cover. I may also have the wheel centres but not 100 percent sure on that. Also have top and bottom rad silicon water hoses to go on, red I think. Great entry to the Supra scene and a sound base for a project.

Hey Shane!

Sorry to see your selling and to hear about the problems you had with the HG.

I bought the car from another member and friend. It always ran great for both of us, but ended up sitting for months due to a house purchase and company car.

I'm back in the market for another project after being forced to sell (new house again and baby) my last one we done the deal with. Right before all these prices went crazy : (

Good luck with the sale!

If I could justify the purchase with the Mrs I'd have this one back off you.

But sadly I'm going to stick to a cheaper rolling shell option.

Hey Shane!

Sorry to see your selling and to hear about the problems you had with the HG.

I bought the car from another member and friend. It always ran great for both of us, but ended up sitting for months due to a house purchase and company car.

I'm back in the market for another project after being forced to sell (new house again and baby) my last one we done the deal with. Right before all these prices went crazy : (

Good luck with the sale!

If I could justify the purchase with the Mrs I'd have this one back off you.

But sadly I'm going to stick to a cheaper rolling shell option.

/QUOTE]

Hi mate,

Its been a great car!

Congratulations on the new baby.

I have just had a quick look at my PMs and found the one from Fruity South re the mileage on the replacement engine we fitted:

Re:Your old Engine

Hi, but of a blast from the past!

Yes when it was removed was working perfectly, no issues I was aware of. I only did about 8000 miles with it in the time I had that engine in. If I remember rightly at time of removal it had done 72000miles some of which is km. as for belts etc I can't remember if they were done before I bought it or not.

Hope that helps

So the engine mileage is better than I put in the original write up.

The untreated scabby bits as mentioned in the first post:

Some nasty cuts and scratches in the paint here too, driver side:

The damage to the passenger door as mentioned in the first post:

Interior shots as requested:

</p><p> http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q220/shaneg7ewl/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG-20170306-WA0007_zpsgr0jgbul.jpg

What you can see in the join between the bumper and the body in the last photo is the very last remains of some purple vinyl wrap that was tucked into the join when we had a go at wrapping it, but it never got completed as we didn't like the way it was looking and the wrap was removed. The bumper just needs slackening off and the remaining wrap removing.

All the pictures in this post are from today, the others are from my collection of photos taken through Carmel's period of ownership.

Double din head unit will be left in. Sat nav, (runs just about anything, I think at the moment she is using Sygic), dvd player with external composite output for extra screens, reversing monitor though camera never fitted, MP3 player, Radio (not dab), Bluetooth. Vibe speakers.

No takers, thought it was priced about right taking the bodywork into consideration?

Had a quick look around and couldn't find anything like it on the road at this price. Will be on Ebay next week if not sold via here, but would rather it go to a member who will enjoy the car rather than some little chavvy scrote, but she needs to sell it so she can buy the car she wants.

Also, had a few requests to take a deposit to secure it prior to viewing, not something I really agree with or want to do really, sorry. Its first with a cash offer close to the asking price gets the car.

Forgot to mention that there is a clear cam gear cover too that will be thrown in, its a usual GREDDY TT copy, but with a fine saw or dremmel these can be cut down to fit perfectly, like many things, I never got around to doing it for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Now sold:D and gone to a good home.

We resisted several low ball carpet bagging offers and dissmised the kind offers from overseas buyers wanting our account details and 3 offers from the Asian dude from Bedfordshire with 3 faceache profiles with different names but the same profile picture wtf? We also declined the guy who wanted us to break it so he could buy the side skirts.......the ones it doesn't have. Selling cars has become a whole new experience these days.

Look out for the new owner who travelled a long way to look and buy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.