The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's spiritual replacement

cered

So I sold the Supra to do some growing up & get a house extension/garage rebuild to replace the grotty prefab garage... Can't seem to find a builder willing to do it for some magical reason so going to give it another year to save more and perhaps employ a company to do it. Used some money to get a fun car to keep my petrolhead side happy (And because money sitting in a bank annoys me).

So here it is; Ford Racing Puma number 8 of... Not many anymore!

Nice :cool:

I was reading the pistonheads features on them the other week, apparently they spent so much on sorting the suspension, brakes, diff and steering that they ran out of budget for the engine, hence it being relatively stock. They did originally plan to fit a turbo.

If they'd called it a Puma RS instead of 'Ford Racing' I bet it would be worth twice the amount now.

Handling wise it's something else - haven't found a corner sharp enough to stump it yet :o

Yeah has the asbestos concrete sheet stuff, is that's what putting them off - removal and disposal?

Yes, I had one, went to the council waste plant, got supplied with visquene, GET face masks, goggles, rubber gloves and paper suit, you'll look like a gimp but its a must. Visquene is free, the other kit get from screwfix or wherever suits, should cost £15. Dismantle the roof on a non windy day, very carefully, it isnt a problem unless you saw it or break it. Put the asbestos sheets straight onto the visquene sheets youve laid out on the floor, gaffer tape them up, take to the tip and they put it in a container to be dealt with properly. It's not a problem if you take your time, use bolt cutters to cut metal brackets linking the corrugated sheets together. Usually the walls are just reinforced concrete panels, it's the roof thats usually the problem.