The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Horn change....

supRo

I would imagine just connect the earth wire on the horn to a chassis mounting point.

Yes just that.

You will need to modify or make up a braket for the top horn as the bonnet will not shut if you mount it with a stock bracket. The lower horn is just a straight swap. I have a few sets and am making some brakets if anyone wants a simple replacement kit to bolt on.

Dare I ask how easy they were to get hold of, and how much? :drool:

Not easy to get hold of.. £75 for a new pair.. I have been through 3 horns as the normally buy from breakers and they die 6 months in to being used..

I guess its because they sit around getting rusty on shelves for possibly years before they are purchased..

Not easy to get hold of.. £75 for a new pair.. I have been through 3 horns as the normally buy from breakers and they die 6 months in to being used..

I guess its because they sit around getting rusty on shelves for possibly years before they are purchased..

It really depends where the stock mount is on the donor car, some earlier BMW had then in a very exposed position so they get wrecked by salt, Later ones had then in an arch behind a cover. They look mint when they come off. Some Rovers use the same horns and they are mounted behind a shield so dont get salt and water damage. I have never had a problem with SH horns, but I am careful about what I get.